File recording after resume from suspend 0 bytes in same channel

defcon5

Hi guys

Every day from monday to friday I recording same program in same channel and same hour. The recording is timer with Recording service and the most of days I get a 0 bytes file and when I try to play DVBViewer say me logically, "render error Video/Pin output error:0x80040217...."

I've reescaned the channels in the same muxer a lot of times, it seem improve but the issue come back. The rest of recording programs no problem. I don´t know what can do for resolve.

I need your help and advices

I attach support file and a image of explorer with file 0 bytes

Thanks in advance

First all my apologizes for wrong place the threat

Second, thanks for fast response

Please activate for all devices "Reset after Standby"

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Servic...t_after_Standby

I´ve just activate "Reset after Standby" and the next days I'll test his behavior

And your recording Service installation is not correct. Please follow this guide:

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Serv...tallation_Guide

This advice not undestand, because I think than works fine for me. Could you tell me where are you found my configuration errors?

Thanks

Could you tell me where are you found my configuration errors?

e.g. you have no Unicast devices and the real DVB-Cards are not disabled in DVBViewer.

Did you read the Recording Service Installation Guide?

e.g. you have no Unicast devices and the real DVB-Cards are not disabled in DVBViewer.

Did you read the Recording Service Installation Guide?

Sorry, I don´t understand you said with Unicast devices. I use DVBViewer in standalone mode. Then, If I am not wrong my devices configuration is good isn´n it?

Is possible also, than my knowledge about DVBViewer is a little short

If you can give me more clues about my configuration of recording services....

Thanks

Bottom line...

if you only have 1 tuner, recording service will try to record something. But if you have DVBViewer open and it's using your tuner, recording service can't get it and your recording fails.

Thanks a lot for yours explanations.

Right now I'll change hardware configuration adding unicast device for each tuner I have following manual recording service. I´ll test tonight with several timers and tomorrow morning I hope succesfull.

To be continued ..... or not

Cheers

Edited by defcon5

Hi

I´have been configuring Recording service following the Manual

without succesfull.

All appear ok but when recording service wake up my PC and start recording...file with 0 Kb.

I attach support file another time with new configuration, and images DVBViewer hardware settings.

.... and I wait for your help

Thanks in advance

Edited by defcon5
I´have been configuring Recording service following the Manual

without succesfull.

Not in all part :bounce:: you forgot to disable DVBViewer direct access to the tuners, as is clearly visible in the posted image (ehm, at least for Cinergy...):

• in DVBViewer you have to set the "Estado" to "Not used" for ALL HW devices AND "Normal" for all the "Unicast..."

• in the Recording Service instead, you have to have only HW devices, all with "Estado" setted as "Normal" (or some as "Preferred" if you know what you are doing...)

...hasta luego...

:tongue:

Not in all part :bounce:: you forgot to disable DVBViewer direct access to the tuners, as is clearly visible in the posted image (ehm, at least for Cinergy...):

• in DVBViewer you have to set the "Estado" to "Not used" for ALL HW devices AND "Normal" for all the "Unicast..."

• in the Recording Service instead, you have to have only HW devices, all with "Estado" setted as "Normal" (or some as "Preferred" if you know what you are doing...)

...hasta luego...

:tongue:

Thanks Gioxy

If I set you said me in DVBViewer and Recording service I get a DVBViewer error :

"DVB device not available"

I set all devices HW in DVBViewer like "not used" and the unicast (4 devices) like normal, and in recording services all HW like a normal.

I would like use recording service because I can exit of dvbvbiewer if is recording but I think in come back to tasck scheduler.

Is so difficult to set Recording service?

Thanks

I set all devices HW in DVBViewer like "not used" and the unicast (4 devices) like normal, and in recording services all HW like a normal.

Right, as I sed you... and is with this config that you get "DVB device not available"???

Are you sure that Recording Service meanwhile was running? (take care that Recording Service will stop while it's configuration windows is open...)

Is so difficult to set Recording service?

Normally not, but you know, a simple misplaced comma can upset all things...

(...next time please don't forget to post your updated support.zip...)

:bounce:

@Gioxy

Here my support files with your advices over "Normal" and "not use" HW

Thanks

MMmmm Why this ?????

Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space

The file was larger than the available space
you can delete older/useless files in the PM Control Panel (clic on "[X] New Message" on top right corner of this page) under " Manage Your Attachments"...

...ok for the support files, but what are your results?

uffff !!

I seem idiot,sorry

Here file support

Edited by defcon5

Now the config look correct (at least respect HW/Unicast settings...), but you haven't attached correctly the image in you post...

Bur have you made some other tests? And what are the results?

Hi

This is my actual settings in HW DVBViewer/Recording services

In recording service settings Unicast devices with "normal" and original with "Do not use"

Thanks

Edited by defcon5

Again, the configuration is upset in both Recording Service and DVBViewer...

Now all your HW tuner can be used exclusively by DVBViewer, not by Recording Service...

Status of your HW in DVBViewer config:

• Cinergy 2400i DT -> "Normal" (it should be "Do not use")

• TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S -> "Normal" (it should be "Do not use")

• PCI dual DVB-T1 -> "Normal" (it should be "Do not use")

• PCI dual DVB-T2 -> "Normal" (it should be "Do not use")

• there isn't any Unicast device to communicate to the HW virtualized by the Recording Service; you have to create 4 of them, one for each virtualized HW... please refer to the Recording Service Installation Guide linked above...

Status of your HW in Recording Service config:

• Cinergy 2400i DT -> "Do not use" (it should be "Normal")

• TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S -> "Do not use" (it should be "Normal")

• PCI dual DVB-T1 -> "Do not use" (it should be "Normal")

• PCI dual DVB-T2 -> "Do not use" (it should be "Normal")

• IPTV Network Device -> "Normal" (it could be OK but I haven't got any IPTV so I can't know, sorry for this)

• IPTV Network Device 2 -> "Normal" ( " )

• IPTV Network Device 3 -> "Normal" ( " )

• IPTV Network Device 4 -> "Normal" ( " )

;)

Well

I´ve get to config DVBViewer/rec service with you said me and I don´t get message "DVB not available", TV works fine.

Now I´ll test tonight with several timers and I hope don´t get 0 kb. file more

@gioxy

Thank you for you patient

Grazie mile, ;)

I attach support file with good settings (I think)

Edited by defcon5
Now I´ll test tonight with several timers and I hope don´t get 0 kb. file more
Suerte!

BTW: if you haven't got any IPTV, IMHO is better you delete the 4 entry "IPTV Network Device x" you have in the Recording Service Hardware page...

;)

Suerte!

BTW: if you haven't got any IPTV, IMHO is better you delete the 4 entry "IPTV Network Device x" you have in the Recording Service Hardware page...

:)

Thanks, but ....... Why I would need IPTV devices? cable TV? I only use DVB-T TV and DVB-S/S2 (Astra and Hotbird) then can I delete the 4 IPTV devices?

Write me an example please?

See you

IPTV Wiki

The specific implementation of IPTV that DVBViewer can handle with the devices you find in your HW config is the Internet one, so you have to refer to your Internet provider if you can subscribe one or more IPTV channels, but most probably they encode the streams so you are obliged to use their special box to enjoy it...

...hence if you receive TV only from SAT or DTT, they are absolutely useless for you...

...and what about your tests?

IPTV Wiki

...and what about your tests?

OOOh!! I´m sorry

I had forgotten this....

At the moment all ok !!! I hope never get file 0 Kb in a timer recording

Now I want test the new version of Recording service and tell us results

See you

BTW: Possibly we will win Inter Milan next week, ?...... I hope, ha ha !! Are you supporter?

Greetings from Barcelona

Edited by defcon5
At the moment all ok !!!
Cheers!

(start OT)

Are you supporter?
No, I like watch many other sports (mainly MotoGP and F1) but not football...

Ah, Barcelona, what a beautiful city! I especially liked very much all the Gaudì buildings! ...and the very nice people...

(end OT)

• 2 weeks later...

I have used recording service 1.5.0.31 for several months now to record radio. Always worked fine.

The past days i wanted to record some tv in .ts format. (also tried .mpg) . This won't work. Every file is corrupt and very small in size to what is recorded.

NED2 11/27/2009

H:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\11-27_22-45-02_NED2_burma vj.ts

Device: TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner

10:45:02 PM / 12:00:00 AM (~ 0.0 MB) Start

12:35:01 AM / 1:49:58 AM (~ 70.2 MB) Stop

Average Data Rate: 0.011 MB/s

Total Size: 70.2 MB (73607264 Bytes)

[General]

Version=1.0

[Media]

Created=27.11.2009 22:45:02

Channel=NED2

[0]

Id=313

Date=27.11.2009

Time=22:50:00

Duration=01:05:00

Title=Holland Doc: Birma VJ, berichten uit een

Info=

Description=

[mono] [nld]

Charset=1

Content=35

[stats]

Errors=0

Size=70.20 MB (73607264 bytes)

Avr. Datarate=0.011 MB/s

Device=TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner

Also, i can't change the default recording folder. It always reverts back to /documents and settings/all users/documents/my videos.

I always have DVBViewer closed when using recording service to avoid software conflicts.

Edited by apprentice

Hi,

I have used recording service 1.5.0.31 for several months now to record radio. Always worked fine.

The past days i wanted to record some tv in .ts format. (also tried .mpg) . This won't work. Every file is corrupt and very small in size to what is recorded.

the support.zip will be nice, look here.

Do you have enabled following flags in the configuration of the Service?

• Hardware: Reset after standby
  • Hardware: Retune on missing stream after .... e.g. 10s
  • Recorder: Restart recording if no data for 60s.
  • Recorder: The path of the recorded file (The setting of the DVBViewer is not taken)

Regards

Prinz

i did, i did , i did and i did. So yes. o:) But as i said, the The path of the recorded file always reverts back to default entry...

Who is the author? Will send support.zip in a private message.

Will send support.zip in a private message.
As you can read in the support file page, there is no private/sensible data on the support.zip, why don't you want put here as all other users already have done? :)

After a fast first look I see that your system isn't well configured as you have configured your card(s) as hardware in both DVBViewer and Recording Service: please read all this tread starting from post #11 to know how you have to configure both the component to get them working correctly...

;)

• 2 weeks later...

There's a "retune stream after missing data for xx seconds" -feature. Could we get a "disable/enable" tuner option there too?

Apparently sometimes the tuners do not come up properly after susped and you get a pile of 0-byte files as the service keeps on trying to restart the recording. Yes, yes, it is enabled. Sometimes it just doesn't work like it should (apparently)

Heck, even an annoying pop-up would be good. At least you'd be aware of the problem.

Edited by Barleyman
  • 3 months later...
After a fast first look I see that your system isn't well configured as you have configured your card(s) as hardware in both DVBViewer and Recording Service: please read all this tread starting from post #11 to know how you have to configure both the component to get them working correctly...

I did all that stuff. It still won't work. And on top of that, now that i upgraded to the latest beta version also audio recordings result in 0 byte recordings. :P;):(

Plus i can't watch any channels or listen to radio even though the unicast stuff is setup in DVBViewer.

What to do , what to do, what to do? ;)

support.zip

I already did this: try activating reset after standby in he hardware options of the recording service.

The problem happens for all recordings, not just after standby.

IMO something is again (still?) incomplete / messed up in your unicast config: is there a really valid reason to change both "Port" numbers for "Unicast Network Device"? If not (as I'm pretty sure...) please use defaults (4012 / 2345)...

If you want try to redo the Unicast device from the scratch (probably the faster way out...) you can - with DVBViewer *AND* RS shutted down! - simply rename (after a backup) the "hardware.xml" and "network.xml" files ... then use DVBViewer to scan for devices, set to "don't use" the real ones, add Unicast devices and - please - insert in them only the correct IP addresses, no need to change any other parameters...

;)