Recording Service .51

uglyned

Hi,

This has been happening for a while but this is the first time I've mentioned it.

When I do a database refresh, several of the oldest recordings in the database become duplicated, so there are two entries for each of them in the recordings list.

Edit - Recording Service .55 I mean!

Edited by uglyned

I just checked: I'm having 527 recordings in my list the oldest from 2006. And no matter how often I do a refresh, there are only 527 recording.

First make sure the recording folders are unique. Make sure one recording folder is not a subfolder of another recording folder. The search is recursive and could add the recording more than one time, if a network share is actually a subfolder of another network share.

Stop the service, rename or move the "SvcDatabase.db3" and "SvcDatabase.db" in the database subfolder (to avoid reimport of the old database). Start the service again and do a database refresh. Does it happen then?

Unique directory names

Not unique names. unique directories.

Something like this will cause problems:

\\server\MyVideos -> points to c:\Videos\

\\Server\MySeries -> points to c:\Videos\Series\

will create duplicate entries of the files in the folder Series.

I only have one recordings folder so I only renamed the db files.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I've been using the recording service for well over a year and always had the same db. it's gone through a few upgrades and I remember one specific upgrade that created a lot of duplicate entries so maybe something got a bit funny inside it. Creating the new one sorted it out.