Windows 7, Nvidia and DVBViewer

infomate

I'm having this problem with my Nvidia graphics card GT220 with the latest driver (and the latest beta driver):

Windows 7: Display driver NVidia kernel mode driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

The screen flashes black and then recovers. As far as I know, this is a driver-issue and has nothing to do with DVBViewer, which has worked perfectly with XP and Vista, also with the same graphics card.

But it happens mostly when I watch TV, when changing the channel usually. As I understand, this happens when there is "bigger load" on the card, when I need to actually do something, that requires more from the card.

I was wondering if there was any way in DVBViewer to lighten this load? I've been using ffdshow Video Decoder as MPEG and H.264 and EVR Vista Enhanced Video Renderer (I don't know the real english terms, I use language pack). DVBViewer Pro is latest, 4.2.1.0.

I would appreciate if anyone had any suggestions, with the driver or DVBViewer.

support.zip

Edited by infomate

Have you tried another codec? Since you are on Windows 7 I suggest you try Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder.

I have tried several other codecs but Microsofts is the best on my system.

I am running Windows 7 and have an integrated video chip, ATI HD4200.

/HebbeT

I tried several drivers, and one old version workded slightly better. Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder works fine too, but it's a little unstable. What I'm going to do now is to remove all the codecs and DVBViewer and try again, first with Microsoft codec and then install others one by one, now I have like 1000 codecs installed :F

In order to get smooth fluid playback I have been forced to set the deinterlace level to bob on the graphic card. This is the only way to have a good quality on both SD and HD live tv. Perhaps with a better card I would be able to use a better deinterlacing.

/HebbeT