Disable Audio/Video when DVBViewer Pro is launched

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Is it possible to make "View -> Disable Audio/Video" a default when DVBViewer Pro is started?

I could not find such a checkbox in Option->Settings!

If I started DVBViewer Pro minimized, audio/video would be disabled, but DVBViewer Pro was not working the first time it was minimized (smelled like a bug)!

For line commands take a look to "actions.ini" file you find in the DVBViewer main folder; when you find a desired command you can add to the command line of the usual DVBViewer launch icon, adding also a leading "-x"; in your case you have to add "-x16386".

You can find also some additional tweak in the "Tweaks.txt" file, same folder...

:)

Edited by Gioxy

I found the following 3 lines from action.ini:

Disable Audio=16385

Disable AudioVideo=16386

Disable Video=16387

1. what value should "Disable AudioVideo" hold in order to disable av? Just 1? Or an odd hex value?

2. It seems that the "View -> Disable AV" option is not active, and possibly selectable, unless a channel is tuned.

1. the use of the code you find in actions.ini is only from the command line or for scripting and the purpose of actions.ini file isn't active at all, is only to document what actions are supported; to use the action you have to add it in the command line of the icon you use to start DVBViewer (as I told you above), but let's look at an image, maybe it's more clear than 1000 words:

post-485-1259048211_thumb.png

In that example DVBViewer start action is "111", to start with the OSD menu opened... you have to substitute (as told obove) that value with "16386"...

2. it's all right: when DVDViewer isn't showing a video or play some audio the DirectX part is in standby, hence there's nothing to disactive...

;)

In that example DVBViewer start action is "111", to start with the OSD menu opened... you have to substitute (as told obove) that value with "16386"...

OK, in your example, "-x111" should mean feature 111 (OSD-Menu).

1. But is "-x" turning feature 111 ON or OFF? :angry:

2. Or is there another option like "-X" to mean the opposite of "-x"?

Thank you again, Your Honor! :)

Hi Mr. Man-wai Chang,

"-x" is a command line code that simply mean that the following nuber is the action you want DVBViewer execute...

There are several other command line parameter you can use to start with DVBViewer (oh, and you can also use it if DVBViewer is already started and it will obey to the command you give it :)); you can find it all in DVBViewer Wiki Kommandoparameter page, unfortunately ATM in german only, but I'm sure you will understand the essential and/or some Internet translator can be with you...

:angry: