Bluray video playback issues

byngo

Hi,

I'm currently on DVBViewer 4.2.1 Pro with the Conncinity 3D skin and the "MyMovies plugin" installed.

PC specs: -

XP SP3

Core 2 Duo @ 3Ghz

Nvidia 8800GT 512MB with current driver (tried several previous versions too)

System RAM = 4Gig

I use the PowerDVD 8 H264 video and audio filters in DVBViewer.

When I play a bluray disc or backed up file i get the occasional millisecond pause in the playback, almost i gues liked a skipped frame or something.

If I play the movie with powerdvd or VLC it plays back without problems on my 32" HD TV.

I would prefer the DVBViewer media centre style interface i get with the Skins and especially the My movies pluggin, let alone the DVB-S features but i am finding this problem very annoying to resolve and am considering scrapping the use of DVBViewer altogether.

Im almost certain i did not experiance this problem when i started with DVBViewer at version 3.9.4 ( I think) some time ago.

I thought it was perhaps nvidia display drivers but I can go back several versions without any differnence.

ANy ideas??

• 3 weeks later...

Bump !

Does no-one else have trouble playing back some Blurays?

How come power dvd (or VLC) can play a particular movie perfectly but DVBViewer, using PDVD H.264 filters plays some blurays with what i describe as an occasional millisecond pause in the frame. ?

;)