DVBViewer hanh on startup

pearpear

Start it with "-c" option to see if it is related to your hw receivers...

You can add this command to the DVBViewer icon command string like that: "C:\Program Folder\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe -c"

:)

So the problem most probably reside in one among HW driver (but it seem to be already the latest...), Decoder (try to set FFD...) or perhaps Renderer (try first Overlay or System defaul)...

BTW: did the TV SW that came with your HW work fine?

I've already tried all the decoders and renderers, but it does not help.

I lost the disc of software came with the hardware, so I cannot test it right now.

However, DVBViewer and the USB TV stick work fine before I format the windows, all hardware are the same as before, nothing is changed.

DVBViewer can scan the channels, but hang when I try to switch to the channel and view it.

DVBViewer can scan the channels, but hang when I try to switch to the channel and view it.

So the problem most probably is only DirectX related... but I havent' Win 7 (and of course your stick) so the only direction I can give you is to update all that's related: reinstall DirectX, Video Driver and Audio one...

But please post an updated support file, hopefully someone else may be of more help...

I found the problem, if I right click the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator", it can work fine and view the TV and no hang now

I've enabled UAC in my Win7, is DVBViewer compatible with it?

I belive so, and I know for sure that you also have to install DVBViewer with full Admin right...

I found the problem, if I right click the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator", it can work fine and view the TV and no hang now

It works perfectly with Win 7. I do not need to run DVBViewer as Adminstrator, to get it to work.

I suggest that you reinstall Win 7, install all (newest) drivers for your graphics card, Tuner (remember it shall be BDA drivers) etc. After this, run Windows update until there is no more to install. Don't install any antivirus sw, before DVBViewer is up and running. Check in Control panel that ALL devices are are functional. Then install DVBViewer (latest non beta version). Be carefull to read what you are asked for, in the installation phase (eg. additional supportfiles).

Edited by McenterFreak