Automatically different aspect ratio for hd/sd?

HD.

Anybody have idea if it could be possible to set different aspect ratio for h.264 and sd automatically?

I usually use aspect ratio:none for normal tv. But when I watch h.264 files, aspect:auto would be correct.

Is there any way to automate this? Would be easier for other users in my house.

Aspect:none is because in Finland many channels broadcast their 16:9 program in 4:3 letterbox mode..

So if I use aspect:auto, those channels leave black borders (16:9 tv) in every edge and the picture becomes very small. And I don't want to watch black borders on left and right with normal 4:3 broadcast.

Yes, black borders stay in that case but the picture is quite ok, ar:none is good compromise. But the problem is that with letterbox 4:3 and ar:auto adds borders to left and right also. That's why none works fine for me. So I'm good with watching tv with ar:none. But if I watch .mkv video, it's practically always wider than 16:9 and so ar:auto is the best for that.

Just wondering if it would be possible somehow to automate it.. As mentioned not a problem for me but other users, well.. You know.

Actually for me ar:none used to work correctly with h.264, ar was still correct for 2.35:1 videos. But after some upgrades or something it doesn't work anymore.. And haven't found the settings back to whatever they used to be.