Scanning problem with SS2

pacman99

Hi,

I'm using a SkyStar 2 card with the latest drivers. It works fine in other programs such as ProgDVB and DVBDream (when it comes to scanning), but since the picture lagged somewhat in ProgDVB and too much memory was being used (i had to increase my pagefile size!!), I decided to try other programs.

In DVBViewer, the program which came with my card, I'm not able to scan the Nimiq1 satellite. It works fine in other programs using the values

LOF1:0 LOF2: 11250 and SW: 11700

or 9750 11250 11700

However, in DVBViewer, it doesn't lock onto any channels. It doesn't recognize any. I noticed that when scanning, DVBViewer scans the opposite polarity. For example, I imported 2691.ini. I let DVBViewer scan it.

This is the info for Transponder 1: 1=12224,V,20000,56

At freq: 12224, DVBViewer scans the Horizontal polarity instead of the Vertical.

It does the opposite polarity for all the other frequencies as well. I think this may be the problem.

Any suggestions are to what I shoudl do?

Thanks~

I noticed that when scanning, DVBViewer scans the opposite polarity.

Not a known issue of the DVBViewer TE. Maybe some 'misunderstanding' with your equipment - I don't know...

If it really does just the opposite, you may edit the 2691.ini with a text editor. Simply use the replace function:

,V, -> ,X,

,H, -> ,V,

,X, -> ,H,

However, the TE scanner is not very elaborated and has only been tested with common European satellites (Astra, Hotbird). The scanner of the full version is much better. May be you give it a try...

Griga