HDMI-CEC enabler

Tim Pala

Hello

I have Samsung LE37A658 TV with Anynet feature. It allows HDMI devices to control eachother when necessary with TV's remote controller. Feg. start recording in SET-TOP DVB BOX or start playback in Blueray player using TV's remote controller.

HDMI-CEC is a de-facto standard and all TV factories have different trade name for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

It uses AV-Link protocol to perform remote control functions.

Could it be possible to make addon for this?

I guess it should be able to read HDMI-CEC signals from HDMI pin 13 and translate them to DVBV understandable commands and vica versa. ? :bye:

BR

Tim Pala

Edited by Tim Pala

Well that's the pre-requisite for HDMI-CEC enabler of course.

Presuming the graphics card can deliver AV-link singals, the DVBV of course must understand them also.

you cannot be serious by adressing this only to graphics card.....

Of course I'm serious. Why should we think about something which can't be done before the actual technical basis is there? So go get nvidia and AMD to do their part and then we start thinking about it. :bye: