Dreambox streams

loguey

I have a Dreambox that can stream directly to VLC but would prefer to use DVBViewer as I could then integrate my chosen Dreambox streams with the satellite channels that I can get directly in DVBViewer.

Would the IP TV capabilities of DVBViewer allow me to do this? Presently when I try to use DVBViewer to watch a Dreambox stream I get an error message. VLC on the other hand will show the streams.

Best bet to get some help would be to use google translation on those german threads. I dont think you will get any help otherwise since dreamboxes often are used as cardsharing devices and i think the mods dont wanna have that kind of discussion in here.

It's much simpler, no one of us uses such a device so nobody has any clue what stream this thing sends and if it's not "standard" TS we honestly don't care much about doing the work to include it... ;)

I have a Dreambox that can stream directly to VLC but would prefer to use DVBViewer as I could then integrate my chosen Dreambox streams with the satellite channels that I can get directly in DVBViewer.

Would the IP TV capabilities of DVBViewer allow me to do this? Presently when I try to use DVBViewer to watch a Dreambox stream I get an error message. VLC on the other hand will show the streams.

How about picking up the MPEG2 stream from the dreambox with VLC and send it out as a "standard" TS stream over HTTP and then pick up that stream through recording service? I have no idea if that will work in reality, but it could be well worth a try!!

Edited by majstang