tt-1501 - DVB Viewer not picking up channles need some advice please

N2h

hi first thanks for reading,

I could really do with some advice, iv done a search on the forum but no one seems to have posted anything regarding my issues....

running this on Windows 7 64bit

1. Installed the tt-1501

2. installed drivers from CD

3. installed DVBViewer

ran DVDviewer- got to select hardware page

DVB Device is Techno trend etc

Tunertype: Cable- Plugging it into Virgin media cable (I am in the UK - west midlands)

State: preferred

New tunning method : ticked

SCAN CHANNEL OPTION

DVB System: Cable

Source: UK

No TV channles found.

IS their another option you select? (im based in the west midlands)

thanks

you need to put in a custom transponder for virgin,either a ntl or telewest transponder.goes into C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders on windows 7,and you choose that ini. when you scan.without doing this you won't find any channels with DVBViewer and virgin cable.

Hi mate thanks for the reply....

I have been working on doing up a new house... so first chance im getting to try this....

I grabbed a file from the net, its called 5000.ini and from what I have read on the net this is the transponder file I need....

I then go and drop this in the location you mentioned, but when going to the scan section I can not see 5000 listed..

Do you know of the transponder file I need? if it is not the above can you link me to the right one or send me a pm?

really would appericate some help.... o:)

some updates, just tried this now and still no joy I put the transponder file in

C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders

but was still not coming up in the list

so i opend the file in notepad and compared it to the UK file in the list the number 1 had a 4000 next to it as below- made the edit and saved.

[sATTYPE]

1=4000

2=DVB-C Europe

now the file is in the list and i can select but still same issue no channles found...

hi ya mate was hoping to try this tonight but shattered from working on doing the house up, you mentioned that you had this working on windows 7, was that 64bit?

Man you dont know how badly im hoping that this works o:) fingers crossed....

hi ya mate was hoping to try this tonight but shattered from working on doing the house up, you mentioned that you had this working on windows 7, was that 64bit?

Man you dont know how badly im hoping that this works ;) fingers crossed....

32 bit windows 7 was what I used,but that won't make any difference for transponders ini's and scans,as long as your drivers for the card work with windows 7 64.

Is it possible to use a DVB-C tuner with Virgin? I know they (used to) broadcast some analogue channels but I thought everything else was encrypted and using a CAM with their card doesn't work?

I'm asking the question rather than making a statement ;) I looked into it once and was told it was difficult to impossible but I'd be interested to know if it can be done. What can you receive?

Edited by SimonP
Is it possible to use a DVB-C tuner with Virgin? I know they (used to) broadcast some analogue channels but I thought everything else was encrypted and using a CAM with their card doesn't work?

I'm asking the question rather than making a statement :bounce: I looked into it once and was told it was difficult to impossible but I'd be interested to know if it can be done. What can you receive?

icecrypt (blue or black)cam works with virgin,plus theres a not to be discussed [removed] that works,its not difficult at all to receive all channels,BUT things are changing and fast,virgin are rolling out nagra 3 now(already in yorkshire) so in the very near future it will be impossible to view virgin,via hardcam/official card or [removed] unlike freesat there will be no fta,so anyone thinking of getting a dvb c tuner for virgin cable my advice is don't waste your time or money.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

johnoo-

man im not having a good day. more expenses seem to be poping up with the house work and also decided to install w7 32bit.. followed your instructions... in the list i can now see all 3 files but when selecting either one and scanning no channels are found... could i have a faulty card? any other thoughts? do you need any other info to hep you figure out whats going wrong?

thanks man

Sorry if my post appeared to be asking about descrambling/decrypting Virgin Media video, that was not my intention, I was simply interested to know if it was possible to use a DVB-C card with their cable service. No offence (in either sense of the word) was intended.

Thanks for the info though Johnoo.

Edited by SimonP