Can't access Webinterface from remote computer

First of all thanks for this wonderfull Recording Service, I had some problems making it work [removed] but now it's fantastic, very very handy.

I have it working very well in the computer that hosts DVBViewer and recording service, but when I try to access the webinterface from another computer in the network I can't. What I do is putting in the web browser the ip of the host computer plus ":" and then the port --> 192.168.1.xx:8060

Am I doing something wrong? I should install Recording service and DVBViewer in all the computers that access to the host?

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

Hi,

Am I doing something wrong? I should install Recording service and DVBViewer in all the computers that access to the host?

No, that's not necessary.

The program "DVBVservice.exe" should be added to the exceptions of the Windows firewall, otherwise a access from another PC is not possible.

Regards

Prinz

It is allready added, I don't know what is the problem then. I am using Windows 7 x64 if that matters. I'm going to check though because what I added is called DVBServer if I remmember correctly.

Thank you

It is allready added, I don't know what is the problem then. I am using Windows 7 x64 if that matters. I'm going to check though because what I added is called DVBServer if I remmember correctly.

Thank you

Have you tried to disable the FireWall in both machines?

If that help, then you know for sure its a firewall problem

Can you access it from the PC where Recording Service is installed?

It is also important to use Static IP on the server side

• 2 weeks later...

Add to previous: Running W7 x64 Ultimate and on another PC running the very same windows RecService is working fine and I Web Interface works.

I've tried to uninstall RecServ several times (also DVBViewer), turned off windows firewall, nothing helps.

OT: Where's the edit message button?

Ok, found the reason but not the solution:

I accidentally exctracted the beta .60 zip to a false folder and ran the exe there and even though I reinstalled the service to DVBViewer folder, it still tries to use that false folder as a root. If I copy the "SVCweb" folder to from DVBViewer folder to that false folder, then the web interface opens.

So, where can I find Recorder Service registry entries to delete to get this fixed?