How to get clear video quality with dvbt sd tv

sweden

Hello all.

I'm trying to get a good picture quality out of my htpc but get a picture with some blur. I have tried alot of codec and settings is it something I have been missing.

I connect my pc tv panasonic g10 42"plasma with hdmi hdmi cable using 1920x1080@25Hz rsolution. I think best picture is availible in nero video codec. But its only remains really good in a few secs then it start rendering. I have trid ffdshow and belive deinterlacing is the one setting making largest differens to picture qualiy.

Or is it so that its not possible to get same quality as with a normarl dvbt box.

Best regards Marcus

Does your Panasonic use any picture enhancers ? Or did you disable them ? Some TV sets have their own deinterlacing, upscaling, blur, sharpen and other functions. They may help or do the opposite and ruin the picture. If you PC is deinterlacing and the TV again, then the picture is not getting better :) How is the picture if you connect the PC to a PC screen ?

It also may depend on the renderer you are using.

If renderer and codec work well together the quality is equal to settop boxes or even may exceed them.

Edited by mague

I have disable everything I can find in my tv menu, but dont know exact if that includes interlacing etc. My tv recieve a 1080i signal.

My picture is having almost like there were a thin layer of fog on the screen, and all scrolling text becomes unsharp. Or rather all text is a bit pixled with visible edges in.