SS2-HD remote control: how use in DVBViewer?

dott.cunchelli

Hi @ all

i want to use the remote control of Skystar 2 HD in DVBViewer...it's possible? It's support natively or need a plugin?

Sorry for my bad english o:)

:bye: :bye:

@dott.cunchelli:

you have to use winlirc
Not always: if you have a USB or directly connected Remote Receiver (as I think) WinLIRC is of any use for you, it work only with Serial (RS232) connected Remote Receiver...

Can you please clarify what type of receiver you've got?

o:)

Hello everybody

The question is interesting.I have the Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI (DVB-S2 tuner) and I also want to use the remote control in DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1.How can we do?

If someone can be so kind to tell us which type of Remote Receiver have got, maybe we can help you... :biggrin:

There are three main types of Receiver and the difference is in the connection to the PC; it can be:

1) via Serial (RS 232)

2) via USB (a little dongle)

3) directly connected to the DVB card

Hence the very first question is: which one of them have you got?

:bye:

Hi barracuz,

I'm sorry I don't notice you've at least specified that you have a USB DVB device... but I don't know that device and in the link you provide I cannot find any word about the remote and my crystall ball is definitely broken... so please provide more info about the remote: it's in boundle with the device? And what say the manual about it? And have you already installed the sw included? And how it manage it?

Sorry but without any clue I can't help much...

:biggrin:

Hello Gioxy

Yes the remote control is provided with the USB tuner.I installed the Technisat driver and software ( DVBViewer Technisat Edition).My question is: is it possible to use the remote control with DVBViewer Pro?For the moment I didn't try the tuner because my LNB monoblock isn't yet installed

is it possible to use the remote control with DVBViewer Pro?
I'm pretty sure it is possible... most probably is an HID device so you have to configure it in DVBViewer Pro as a keyboard (ie every remote keys simulate a keyboard key press)...

...my LNB monoblock isn't yet installed
you don't need a LNB to test/use the remote: you can use DVBViewer as a Multimedia Player or simply to fiddle in the OSD menu...

:biggrin:

In the main folder DVBViewer, there is a subfolder "Remotes" where I noted a profile named "default_ts35.remote" and TS35 is just the name of the Technisat remote control that I have for the Skystar USB 2 HD CI.So in DVBViewer settings, I tried a thing: I imported this profile ""default_ts35.remote" then I tried the remote control and it reacts!Did I make well or not? How is it possible to have these remote profiles (there are three: "default.remote", "default_kbd.remote and "default_ts35.remote") ?

Did I make well or not?
If it works as you said, yes, this is a way to configure it... another is to build a your own association between actions and remote keys (you simply have to click [Learn] - select an action - press the desired remote key)...

How is it possible to have these remote profiles?
They are Technisat standard and hence DVBViewer TE is the sw boundled with their device the files are included also in DVBViewer Pro installation... anyhow you can create how many profiles you want saving the association you make using [Export] or [save] in the "Settings / Options / Input" windows...

;)

• 10 months later...

hi, I have skystar hd2 witch remote is conected directly to card via 2.5 jack, and have Hid driver for it

How to configure dvb viever to work with it?

Thanks in advance

P.S. remote is ts35 too