Jerky video on TV and playback

McenterFreak

Hello

I have a problem with jerky video on both TV watching and playing of .TS files.

It all started after a change in the Danish TV transmission, where the anlogue terrestial TV signal was replaced with digital (DVB-T) signal.

I have installed a complete fresh Win 7, installed DVBViewer 4.2.1, upgraded to Beta 4.3.1.45. My tuners are located on another machine, with Recording Service 1.5.0.55 installed.

I haven't installed any Decoders, because i am using Microsoft build in decoders, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video and Audio decoders for both SD and HD.

If i play a MPEG 2 .TS file, the video is very jerky in full screen (1920 x 1080) when played from DVBViewer, but when the same file is played from Media Player, it runs completely smooth, with no problems at all.

When watching Live TV, i have exactly the same problems

I also have the same problem with H.264, but here it is even worse, since the Video now also pixelates, but again playing the file in Media Player is without problems

I have supplied at support.zip and uploaded a MPEG2 .TS file here

It plays fine here. Maybe you should try a better decoder?

Posts like this is useless ;)

What is playing fine? How does it contribute to solve my problem?

As i wrote in my post, the Decoders works perfect in Media Player, so what I would like to know is WHY it is not working with DVBViewer

I have no idea way the Microsoft Decoder did not work coreckt on you PC with DVBViewer. The file seams to be OK.

Yes the File is okay, and it plays perfect in Media Player, but in a fresh install of Win 7 and DVBViewer, it dosent work in DVBViewer. I have also tried to swap the motherboard, from a nVidia GFX to a ATI GFX onboard, but still massive problems. But in Media Player all works. Of course i cant test Live TV in Media Player, but a Transport Stream file should be the same

Update:

Today i installed Cyberlink PowerDVD ultra 8. Changed MPEG Video Dekoder to: Cyberlink Video/DP Decoder (PDVD8).

I is exactly the same as with the Microsoft Decoders, Jerky video in DVBViewer, but perfect video, if played in PowerDVD

I realy hope somebody can figure out what is happening

I have atached a new support.zip, created after installation of PowerDVD,

Could one of the developers please look at the problem i have described, or inform me if i am just stucked, and need to change to another platform. As it is now, DVBViewer is useless for me. I can't use it as it is now!

Update:

I have now installed Vista Ultimate, instead of Win 7, on the same Hardware. Now MPEG2 runs perfectly, H.264 still have small problems.

Since Vista don't have any Microsoft Codecs, i used Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 8

So the problem lies in the interaction with Win 7.

Any ideas?

I would like to use Win 7, not Vista

Hi, same issue here with Windows 7.

MKV's and HDTV works fine but SDTV is a little bit jerky too (i'm using the Cyberlink 8 codecs).

Was perfect on Vista before.

If you find a solution please share it with us :-)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i found a solution!!

First of all, i must say that i am disapointed that nobody from DVBViewer "inside" community even commented my problem. It would have been nice if one of the tough guys have suggested a solution.

But here it is

My configuration was:

Server:

Intel Core Duo Notebook with two USB DVB-T tuners. 4 gb Ram

Win 7

DVBViewer Recording Service

DVB-T card

DVB-S2 Box x 2 (FireDTV)

Client:

AMD 4250 Dual Core CPU, nVidia 8200 Onboard GPU 4 gb RAM

Win 7

DVBViewer

Huge problems. Video was very unstable, pixelation and stuttering

New configuration:

Server;

Swapped the client, so this is now server, because i believe that the graphic card was to weak

Installed a PCI DVB-T Card instead of the two USB sticks

New Client:

Zotac Intel Atom 330 board with 4 gb RAM

DVBViewer

Now EVERYTHING works perfect!

Does that mean that the nVidia 8200 Onboard GPU was too slow???

I have the same onboard graphiccard and the same stuttering problems, and I cant figure out whether the it is caused by the dvb-c signal strength or the graphic card...

Does that mean that the nVidia 8200 Onboard GPU was too slow???

I have the same onboard graphiccard and the same stuttering problems, and I cant figure out whether the it is caused by the dvb-c signal strength or the graphic card...

Yes, that was my conclusion. I also belived it was a signal problem. Changed UHF antenna, sattelite dish and cables. No succes. Changed to nVidia ION and it works perfectly. I do have a small libsync problem, but i believe it is a DVBViewer/Codec problem, not Graphic Card related

• 3 weeks later...