DVB-S2 Cards supporting HD

entrecour

With the demise of digital everywhere link (already reported and discussed in the German section of this forum) I am need to find a new DVB-S2 card for my next HTPC build. I currently use FloppyDTV S2 and it works well for me although I have some problems with some HD channels failing to tune properly (e.g. BBC HD green screen).

What are folks experiences of other DVB-S2 cards?

Recommendations appreciated.

I have some problems with some HD channels failing to tune properly (e.g. BBC HD green screen).

Maybe you should solve your "tuning problems" first. I doubt that a "green screen" is caused by wrong tuning. But without more information (support.zip) it's only guessing..

OK, I'll create a new post in the bug report section as this thread will probably be moved if I use it to report support logs.

I would still like to hear peoples experiences with other DVB-S2 cards as I can't use FloppyDTV for my new build.

Maybe you should solve your "tuning problems" first. I doubt that a "green screen" is caused by wrong tuning. But without more information (support.zip) it's only guessing..

Derrick, On re-reading your post I see you have focused on my use of the word "tune" - I may be incorrectly attributing the problem to the DVB card, but I do recall that many people were attributing problems viewing high SR channels to the DVB card. The two HD channels I have problems both have SR's of 30000. On the other hand other HD channels with the same SR are possible to view without any discernable problem. I have the same problem with the DivX H264 Codec or CoreAVC (1.9.5 and 2.0).