Constant user data error crash

Mickey Padge

Hello ;)

I have done a clean install of Win7 x64, installed the latest non beta version of DVBViewer as an administrator, typed my membership info and password correctly, not copy/pasted. I have admin rights on my win7 user account, with no other accounts active, no video/music folder info has been added, as that may cause this problem I have read. I have searched the forum and tried everything, I could see, deleting registry entries, re-installing to the C: root etc, the program is marked to always run as an admin, or even when not, same result.....

I still get the "user data error" crash, nothing I do removes this annoying fault, it will appear after an hour or so. I have re-installed my whole operating system to rid myself of this bug, but still it persists. Please can somebody assist me?

This is very frustrating, I have followed the install instructions to the letter, but it makes no difference, the program does not work.....

I have an EVGA 790i mobo, ATI 5870 GFX with 9.12, and a FireDTV floppy DVB-C card, using 5.6 BDA drivers....

Thanks for your time, I look forward to finding a solution :bye:

support.zip

Edited by Mickey Padge

Hehe, right on time it crashes again, even with Kaspersky disabled too, it should not be this hard to get a TV program to run, every thirty minutes it crashes....

Do I understand correctly that this error is caused by an anti pirating measure? If so then it is only ruining the experience for paying customers, as most anti piracy measures seem to do......

UAC is disabled too ;)

Edited by Mickey Padge

Anyone? I have searched and tried the fixes on the forums, but still the program exits after thirty minutes. There must be a solution to this, no? I see there is another long thread with many people having the same problem, is this not a priority matter?

Maybe an encrypted exe file could be sent to those users effected, so we type our user name and password in each time the app starts? At least then I can watch TV.....

Please can somebody chime in with a little reply even? :)

Same problem with me, crash every about half hour.

I have updated yesterday from 4.1 to 4.2.1

During installation I had an error message from Kasperky internet security 2010 and the installation hanged up at the end of installation.

- Windows XP

- Card is technisat HD ( first version )

- BDA driver.

Thanks for yoir help.

I copied DVBViewer 4.1.1.1 over the newer versions exe file, and now everything is working OK, no more data errors every thirty minutes, at least so far......

Not a true solution, all it proves is that the latest version of DVBViewer is broken.....

Problem solved:

The installation process interferes with the antivirus.

I did set DVBViewer.exe from low restriction to full confidence.

The installation finished properly; works fine since 3 days.

same problem happens to me on Vista 64bit, even after entering the program between those excluded from my avast antivirus, I have the same problem "error in user data" do not understand! After regularly paid I can not get it to work, this is not a good thing and does harm only to those who do not use the usual channel of piracy.

• 2 weeks later...

In my case I found this was to do with the authentication password. When I installed the product I entered the password in lower case which the system authentication accepted. However when I tried to add plugins I had to re-enter the password in upper case (as per what my registration email contained).

On running the software it kept failing with "Error in Userdata" so I went into the registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CM&V\DVBViewer

and editted the Password to the CASE in the email (For me all caps)

Running DVBViewer after this presented no problems.

A quick route in the registry is to select Edit... Find and then enter your password as it should be unique in the registry.

I hope this helps other people!

• 2 months later...
A quick route in the registry is to select Edit... Find and then enter your password as it should be unique in the registry.

I hope this helps other people!

I had the same problem, and it helped!

Thanks a bunch.

• 3 weeks later...

My registry information is correct, I am still using 4.1.1, 4.2.1 is clearly broken, hopefully it will be fixed in the next upade, but the lack of official response does not fill me with any confidence....

Are you using the same user name and password for downloading from the Members Section an installing?

Yes, the one that was emailed to me, I saved the email :biggrin: