TechniSat SkyStar2 with TransEdit 3.4.2.0

Syrck

Hello,

I I have been reading about how moving rotor with DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 but I don't find the solution.

Anybody know if is possible use angular position ( usuals) for moving rotor with TechniSat SkyStar2 ?

Drivers versión : 4.5.0

i read this in the TransEdit manual :

" There are devices (particularly TechniSat SkyStar2) that provide a DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 interface, but the driver blocks according commands in order to avoid damage caused by the high power consumption of motorized dishes. "

and :

"The Positioner item in the TransEdit Main Menu opens the Positioner Console. It is only availabe if a DiSEqC 1.2 capable device is listed under „Settings/ Hardware“.

Then is imposible use my devise don't support DiSEqC 1.2 ? is problem of drivers ? i have other maners to do it ?

Best regards,

Syrck

Then is imposible use my devise don't support DiSEqC 1.2 ?

That's correct. Though the SkyStar2 resp. the driver is able to send DiSEqC 1.2 commands, the hardware is not suitable for driving a motor. It may damage the SkyStar2 or even the mainboard. That's why DVBViewer and TransEdit don't support it.

It is possible to use motor with Skystar 2, I was using it more than 4 years without any problem.

Last year I used Skystar2 rev. 2.6D and motor SG-2100A Moteck with DVBViewer, moving was done by MiBi DiSEqC plugin. Commands were send to the plugin from DVBViewer channelchange.vbs script so everything worked automatically.

Only when I wanted use TransEdit I had to move to relevant satellite position by DVBViewer firstly or move directly by the MiBI plugin - TransEdit has disabled positioner option...