Cannot choose DirectShow Filter

clement

Hello! I tried to choose DirectShow Filter to receive HD channel. I've got PowerDVD 7 and PowerDVD 9 on my system. Strangely, I couldn't see any Cyberlink H.264/AVC option in DVBViewer. What's wrong? Any help? Thank you for any help!

support.zip

Edited by clement

you have no H.264 decoder installed on your system, see support.zip/Systeminfo.txt

H264 Video Decoders:

-------------------------

"MainConcept (Adobe2) H.264/AVC Decoder": 00600000 (File is missing)

Thank you for your quick response! I know that DVBViewer on my system only lists an inappropriate DirectShow Filter, i. e., Abode..., in the pop-up menu. My problem is why DVBViewer cannot give me other options? I can see Blu-ray in H.264 format by PowerDVD. It means that my system does have H.264 DirectShow Filter provided by PowerDVD. I just cannot figure out the reason. Anybody knows? Thank you for any help! Maybe I should use AverTV 6 bundled with my USB DVB-T tuner. However, it's kind of wasting my money because I bought DVBViewer already.

Thank you for yor link. I know what you mean. In fact, if you could watch Blu-ray disc, you had Ultra version of PowerDVD. Mine is PowerDVD 9 Ultra so it apparently not version issue. I can see Cyberlink Direct Show Filters in the list in KM Player. Therefore, I think that the problem might be caused by the unknown inteaction between DVBViewer and PowerDVD. It seems that I have 2 options now: 1. Get CoreAVC and use it with DVBViewer. 2. Use bundled AVerTV 6. Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Edited by clement