Two instances of recording service

patti

Hello, is is possible to have two instances of recording service (latest beta version) running at the same time? I have two different installation folders both with service files and used windows command

sc create dvbv_recsvc2 binpath= <path to second dvbservice.exe>

and have succesfully installed a second DVBVRecorder service into windows XP. It just won't start so my question is am I trying the impossible here or can two instances exist side by side? I have disabled the first installer created service but even that does not make my second service install run. My guess is that both installations share a common SID or something similar which prevents the second service from running or I need to install the service in a specific way but I can't find anything to confirm this. Any help please?

thanks in advance,

patti

Hello again ;) I have tested this a bit further. It is true that it is not possible to install two instances of the service with the provided installer. But it is possible to run two DVBVService.exe at the same time as normal applications and have two servers for DVBViewer to connect to. This provides me with what I need, thank you for your time o:)

patti

̈́

Edited by patti