DVBViewer on ubuntu ?

feucar

Hi all,

i'm using DVBViewer (pro and recording service) as standard live tv platform in my house using server and client windows based.

On client the whole configuration is made by Meedio 1.41 for browsing and viewing "static" contents (movies, photo, news and others) and DVBViewer pro.

I'd like to switch the client platform on ubuntu/xbmc (see my posts about xbmc problems acting as upnp client vs recording service server ;-) ) so i kindly ask if there a way to run DVBViewer pro on ubuntu because DVBViewer is much better live tv client than any others.

For some reasons (other services) i need to keep windows (XP) as my server platform.

Thanks

Perhaps you could use the Webinterface on you server and watch live TV on ur Ubuntu PC/Laptop through webinterface? Works very good here, use it to watch TV in bed xD

Thanks Lars, i hoped that some virtualization tools could work.

A virtual application usually doesn't see the real hardware but some simulated one. So it cannot access the SAT card or the graphics card directly (which causes "no hardware acceleration" too).

You could try vlc (with upnp plugin) as the upnp control point. It works here on Ubuntu Lucid connecting to the Recording Service.

I don't use XBMC, but I think it should be possible to incorporate it into XBMC as the LiveTV viewer.