Constant crash on startup

mistermentality

I am unable to use DVBViewer as it crashes all the time. At first it crashed within half hour of viewing or recording with the simple message saying the program had stopped working. Reading the forums I tried various answers but nothing.

After switching on the NVidia post processor the program quit on me while recording and every time I truied restarting it the program crashed instantly on startup so I uninstalled everything, rebooted, re installed again as administrator, ran the set up wizard but still the program crashes instantly. This is the error message when it crashes instantly:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DVBViewer.exe

Application Version: 4.2.1.0

Application Timestamp: 2a425e19

Fault Module Name: nvvpp.ax

Fault Module Version: 4020.223.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 445c0ab2

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00007ea1

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I`m pretty sure that NVVPP.AX is the NVidia post processor and that somehow the settings from the previous cvrashing install have been retained even though I deleted all data in the program folder before reinstalling.

Is there any idea how I can get it to start please? I cant try resolving the crashes that occur during recording or watching tv until I can get it to start again and I really think DVBViewer, if I can solve the causes of whats crashing it on my system, will be perfect for my needs.

My system is as follows:

Compro S350 dvb-s pci card, Windows 7 32 bit operating system with latest updates, manufacturers drivers for S350 pci card, 2 GB RAM, about 100 GB free hd space

Thanks

Dave

To start DVBViewer in "stanby" mode add the "-c" command option to his command line...

For example you can add it to the command of the DVBViewer desktop icon...

:)