How to play recordings on DVBViewer?

Hi,

A Happy New Year to all!

This may sound like a silly question, but how do I play a recording made on a server with the Recording Service on a client machine using DVBViewer?

I have a dedicated server machine running v1.5.0.31(beta) recording service and various client machines running DVBViewer Pro v4.2.1.0 on my home network. All works well and I can play recordings using the recording service web interface and VLC player - but I would like to be able to play in DVBViewer (I like it so much more!).

DVBViewer has a menu option DVBViewer, Recordings Statistics where I can see all the recordings made on both the local (client) and remote (recording service) machines. Right clicking on a recording and selecting play works fine if the recording is on the local (client) machine, however if the recording is on the recording service machine then right clicking and selecting play just makes the recording disappear from the list of recordings as if it had been deleted - however it has not deleted the recording since using recording service web interface and refreshing the database brings it back again.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether it should be possible to play a recording like this?

Thanks,

Cjay

Look in the wiki - Recording Service Installation Guide, Chapter Networkable Recording folders and your problem is solved (if you follow the instructions :) )

And maybe you check also the rest of the guide to avoid other possible problems. ;)

Edited by Devastation

Thanks - You are absolutely correct and I am guilty as charged!

I hadn't appreciated the significance of the Wiki instructions. All is working perfectly now.