Recording Service and TransEdit

krasno

Hi

First of all: the instruction manual is perfect !! DVBViewer and RS came alive in first try GOOD work here!!

Only minor thing I notiched under the installation was the positioner began to move in direction east ..and the antenna is last seen around Moscow still heading east....haha

The only problem I have is TransEdit, how to set up?

I have tried to use my brain and set it up like in the DVBViewer /Option/Hardware menu, but.. no "network Unicast device comes up.

I then have tried to change the DVB card to "not use" and back again+ turn off RS and so on.

If RS is turned off and DVB card is set to "normal" I can go into the "positioner" menu (otherwise not) but get this error message:

"Sorry- The required DVB device is ocupied. Try again later :-) "

Same error message I get if I try to analyze and so on ( that's logical)

In task manager I can't see RS or DVBViewer as active.

any hints?

I have searched the board for hours and read aprox 9000 WIKI's, but not much about TransEdit /RS I have found, but maybe I'm the only one with this problem? who knows?

I have still not tried to record :)... but it looks FANTASTC, it is pure WOW..!!

- the reason is the motor came out of position due to some heavy frost I think..think the reed-contact was frozen... so I have to re-position all satellites first.

And have only tried RS/DVBV. on the server PC, not as client on other PC's yet, but so far it look great!!

a small beeb.. I would wish the forum was in english only... makes searching for help muck more complicated as it is now..

I do understand German, but reading posts is like reading in slowmotion ..and sometimes in reverse haha

Just my opinon..

PS: one other thing, the positioner ( V-box) moves by itself, while writing this it first moved from 1W to 13E and then 2-3 min. later to 28E.. really spooky ;) and nothing is turned on as far as I can see..

The only problem I have is TransEdit, how to set up?

I have tried to use my brain and set it up like in the DVBViewer /Option/Hardware menu, but.. no "network Unicast device comes up.

Simply not supported by TransEdit. Sorry, no better news...

Simply not supported by TransEdit. Sorry, no better news...

Que?

Then I have to ask: how to scan for new channels and so on? use positioner?

Is it something that will be solved later?

what is the easiest way to rool back? I did take copies of all DVBV and CMUV folders, just copy them back is that the trick?

I mean without these functions I van't use DVBViewer.

Last question: what other way to set up clients/ stream ( on my own network -W-lan) if any other good solutions to that at all?

Then I have to ask: how to scan for new channels and so on? use positioner?

You can use TransEdit on the PC with the Recording Service. But you have to stop the Recording Service before you start TransEdit and restart the Recording Service when you are finish.

I have tried that, even stopped all processes in task manager.

DVB card still ocupied.. :)

But for now I have deleted RS and have to set back sat positions, impossible to work with, and do testings, when the positioner is spinning around and hits wrong positions.

I have tried that, even stopped all processes in task manager.

DVB card still ocupied.. :)

It should be enough to stop the Recording Service via try icon > stop service.

It should be enough to stop the Recording Service via try icon > stop service.

I also tried that, that was the first thing I tried.

You can use TransEdit on the PC with the Recording Service. But you have to stop the Recording Service before you start TransEdit and restart the Recording Service when you are finish.

Hello again

I got the V-box back on track, all sat-positions are found again :)

- and then I reinstalled Recording Service, and now.. well ehmm :)

This is embarrishing.. :)

Now I CAN use TransEdit if I stop RS

but I swear...

ehmm... :(

So you where right !! it is possible!! and seriously not a problem to stop RS and DVBV while using TransEdit to my opinion.

I actually can't see why they need to be running at same time as TransEdit.

Client two in the W-lan gave a lot of problems, streaming works only, if all firewalls are turned off.

Tried to set up rules for everything I could think of, but..

Anyway that is not DVBV/RS's fault of course, but maybe lack of brain capacity.. of a bad working firewalls...?

So it works!!

Only one thing is strange:

if DVBV is turned off, and RS is turned on, or stated as idle, the positioner moves around, something like one time, very minute.

It moves from position to position, like if I change channel to a channel on another satellite.

As soon as DVBV is turned on, on one of the clients, the antenna moves to the correct the position it should.

( I have no recordings set up, could be a logocal reason for the strange movements, but not the case)

Another thing I have notiched:

if DVBV is turned off the first position the positioner moves to is straight south ( zero) which is not unusual,

also some stand-alone recievers have that feature. And always good if positions are screwed, but not nesseary.. is that a build in new feature?

But as told, then it begin shortly after, to move around..

Anyway, a short question:

One of the PC's I stream to is not very fast, and picture is not running smoothe.

Are there any way to lower the resolution, or something like that?

I have tried to change settings in View/Filters/DVB Source and it helped a little...

Have also tried, till now, only two different codecs also.

Conclusion:

Seriously RS ( and DVBV.) is working fantastic!! .. big applause!!

damn good work!!

OK again thanx for your help, and I'll get back, after some recording tests have taken place. and some further testings.