dvb launch

jdou

Hi,

I have installed the DBV view setup on hotbird. I have a good reception. every time I try to launch the Viewer, an icon is seen on the taskbar but the programme shows that it is open but there is nothing seen. I have been using DVBviewerand other programs for some time but had to instal everything again on a new hard disk and gt this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

there is nothing seen
A cause can be that the main DVBViewer window opens outside you monitor; to reset it's coordinates you have to:

- close DVBViewer

- open "Help / Configuration folder"

- open "setup.xml" file with a text editor (eg Notepad)

- look for the section "Display"; here are the default values of X & Y coordinates and the Width & Height of the DVBViewer window

<section name="Display">

<entry name="X">0</entry>

<entry name="Y">0</entry>

<entry name="W">730</entry>

<entry name="H">670</entry>

- modify the four values as suggested above and save the file

- start DVBViewer

:)

Edited by Gioxy

Sorry, you are right, I wrote a nonsense... :)

Substitute the first 2 instruction above with these:

- open DVBViewer

- open the menu named "Help"

- click on the voice "Configuration folder" (this step open the right DVBViewer configuration folder, there can be more than one)

- when the configuration folder open up, you have to close DVBViewer, otherwise the modfication you'll make to the file "setup.xml" wll not be mantained...

:)