Video artifacts in Win7 x64

mindvis

Hello!

I have two OS. In WinXP x86 DVBViewer v4.2.1 works all fine, so the hardware and cable/connection issue should be excluded. It also

used to work in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for some time, at least the DVBViewer v4.3.125 Beta. Here is what I get now.

MPEG2:

3satac3ddcarmen01042106.th.jpg

HD:

zdfhdac30104210448.th.jpg

in connection with sound jitters occasionally.

No idea what could have changed in Win7 system. After many tries, I have reinstalled it, and started with Microsoft Ati Video drivers, then tried Catalyst 9.9, 9.10, 9.12, different TT Budget 2.5.0.2.1 and 2.5.0.1.8 drivers, DVBViewer v4.2.1 and several BETA versions, nothing helped.

Concerning Codecs: Video artifacts look like if the hardware decoding would not be able to decode the video. However, DVBViewer shows any video I give properly, regardless if the codecs support or not DXVA. I tried original Win7, Cyberlink, CoreAVC and ffdshow. So, I guess the problem is related with DVBSource filter in connection with Win7, DirectX or Video Drivers or TV Card Drivers.

Btw, I also tried with several versions of DVBSource Filters. Futher, there is no picture at all for System Default Video Renderer, and for all others the artifacts persist.

Interestingly that all worked before, and the new installation didn't help. No clue what to do else. Any help and support would be appreciated.

Video: Ati Radeon HD 4850

TV-Card: Technisat SkyStar HD

M\B: Asus P5Q-E (Intel P45)

support.zip

Hi,

I had the same problems with Win 7 Premium 32 bit and so I moved back to XP.

Have you checked for discontinuities in the DVBSource Filter? Something causes discontinuities and you are getting this kind of artifacts. I am starting to believe it's an ATI driver problem because with different versions of Catalyst I was getting different rate of discontinuities. Unfortunately I don't have a spare Nvidia card to test my theory.

I hope someone finds a solution ....

Hi,

First of all, sorry for posting my problem here. It IS NOT a DVBViewer bug, but Win7 and/or TV Card or ATI driver problem.

Thanks, newlynx, for the respond. I will check for the discontinuities this evening.

Further, I gave my SkyStar HD for the test on other PC with nVidia - it works fine on Win7. So, it seems to be indeed ATI driver problem. However, if I record video in DVBViewer, the artifacts are recorded as well. Does the capture process interacts\depends on video card?

However, if I record video in DVBViewer, the artifacts are recorded as well. Does the capture process interacts\depends on video card?

Use DVB Recording service and tell us what you get. If the video is OK then it's certain an ATI driver problem.

This has been a hot topic even with WMC7. Looks like ATI/Microsoft have been passing the problem between each other. I now use an Nvidia card but still get only the odd macro-blocking problem. Nothing like what I got with my 4550 and HD.