DVBV & PCTV Dual Sat Pro & WINTVCIUSB

Hi,

After trying a lot of mediacenters on both Linux and Windows systems with analogue tuners, I decided to go for Canal Digital with a DUAL LNB, Primary on Astra 23,5 and secundary on Astra 19,2. I purchased a Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI 4000i DVB-S2 tuner and a WINTV USB CI for the C+ smartcard.

I can scan and view FTA channels just fine with the applications tested, like Pinnacle TV Center Pro (downloadable for the Tuner card), ProgDVB Pro, W7 MCE.

Almost 1300 channels are found. But I could not get C+ decryption to work, also not with several other programs like DVBdream.

Testing a demo DVBViewer, and finding the (experimental CI interface) I decided to give it a chance and purchased DVBViewer.

I've been trying hard for weeks to make this work under XP, Vista and W7 and found the following:

- Can scan and view FTA channels fine with DVBViewer under XP, but no C+ encrypted channels

- Can scan FTA channels but not view them under Vista. No C+ channels scanning or viewing either

- Can scan FTA and C+ channels under W7, but cannot view them, EPG overlay is shown, with info, but video stays black, and no audio. WINTVCIUSB source is recognized and can review the card details, see attachment.

I worked myself through the documentation, and found a statement DVBViewer does not work with PayTV ! However, this doc is from 2006 and since you are "experimenting with CI" this may have changed in 3 years I think. Can you please confirm that?

I tried many different settings, plugins, decoders, the latest Beta version etc, so far no luck, getting desperate !!

Tried fddshow, Pinnacle MP2, MP3 and MP4, Cyberlink and included decoders.

I gather best plan is to go back to XP and try to get the CI to work with newer WINTV drivers.

Maybe somebody has at least the tuner Video/Audio working OK, and can advise, or even better send me the used configuration ?

I have no problem installing some windows/linux version again if that is confirmed to work already.

Thanks,

Daniel

post-90259-1262727255_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys, why is no one responding? Do I need to do this in German?

I have got a WinTV CI working (sort of) with DVBViewer. Make sure the "Has CI" option is ticked against the hardware settings of your tuner card and also select the WinTVCI as the CI in the relevant dialog box.

My particular problem is that I can use the WinTV CI with the Viaccess CAM to keep the Bis card alive and updated each month but the channels from the Bis Hotbird transponders are all pixellated when the WinTV CI is connected to my PC. Disconnecting the WinTV CI removes the pixellation and the Bis TV channels can be viewed provided I insert the Bis card [removed]
This is not ideal and I want to just use my PC rather than the Dreambox to read the card. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I can see this has been reported as a problem before:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/27538-canal-digital-nordic-thor-08w-hd-channels-pixelating/page__st__15

In that thread there was an issue with Canal Nordic HD channels and the WinTV CI on DVBViewer as well.

Bis TV broadcasts all their Hotbird channels in MPEG4 regardless of whether they are SD or HD so this is presumably the same issue for Bis as was for Canal Nordic HD.