Positioner v-box and some comments

krasno

Hello :)

I have a so-called V-box connected and since I installed RS, it behaves strange.

If DVBViewer is running there is no probles at all, everything works perfect!

If I turn DVBV off something like this happens:

within 30-60 seconds : to 13E my south position

after some time, can be seconds, can be min. sometimes 10 min, or even 30-60 min later, it moves to other positions, very often 28E, and later on it moves to other positions

Sometimes it hit the the west limit.

I can not see what trigger it, I have no planned timer recordings in RS.

I had an idea it was maybe browser related, but if no browser is in use it still happens.

IF I turn off RS ( Stop Service) and then turn off DVBV the positioner stays where it is.

Conclusion to that could be that RS is triggering some position-signals (Disecq) to the V-box. ??

Solutions is of course to have DVBV. and RS turned on at all tiimes :).. I know but... or both turned off..

If RS it turned off I asume it will record nothing right :blush:?

Another thing:

I often have to run "rebuild Graph" not only after using positioner, but all of a sudden picture disapear, ( not very brilliant while recording ... last timer recording ended in a 0kb file..)

It also happens very often in connection with a channel change. ( also on same satellite)

That problem has become much worse after RS.

Which brings me to some quesstions:

RS generally ( and also DVBV) have generally two hous of EPG stored, I here talk about EPG from 1W.

I have not checked other positions yet. !!

I have read a lot on the board about it and have tried to update manually by a search at frequency 12456V and that works a little, 3-4 days EPG data.

And must say the more I read about it the more confused I get... but can understand there are a lot of complicated solutions for the UK EPG's from 28E..

I have no idea IF there are 7 days as they claim from Canal Digital or not in their datastream.

And if it makes anybody happy the original canal Digital reciever ( a Grundig) also only have two hours EPG and use several min. to update those two hours every f.... time you enter the EPG meny.

So 3-4 days and some manual scannings is to live with... it could be worse...

But the question is not so much about that, the question is:

are there any possible way DVBV. or RS could do that scan automatically? maybe sometimes in the future?... I DO know RS is a beta... don't worry...

But to me it sounds weird it is not possible to do automatically.. what do we have computers for :blink:?

The background for that question is of course: if no EPG data, then there is no real need for RS... and I know I properly forget to do that scan manually..

this is not suposed to be understood as a negative statement.

I also have not fully understood if it is possible to get the EPG data from the net or not..?

support.zip

Edited by krasno

Ps

if recording from timer in RS, nothing is recorded, only a 0kb file.

If, during recording, I turn on DVBV. to see what's going on, it is set to a totally wrong channel. in last case it was supposed to record DRHD on 1W, but DVBV was set to 1048 MTV-Germany on astra, only the positioner was on 1w means black screen. = no signal..

Only way to wake up and get picture in DVBV. again, is to turn off everything, RS, and DVBV., or restart PC.

Durting recording RS show it is recording but file size is 0kb and first begin to grow in size when everything has been re-started. ( and I have picture from correct channel in DVBV)

Means there is a problem when computer is in sleep-mode/ hybernate or what ever it is called and RS try to record something.

RS begin to record but on wrong channel, means no steam, which lead to an empty file.. that's my theory..

That was the second time I tried to record Star Trek Generations fron DRHD :P

the log files from RS

DR HD 06-01-2010

C:\Users\Public\Videos\recordservice\01-06_21-35-05_DR HD_Star Trek Generations.ts

Device: TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner (3)

21:35:05 / 00:00:00 (~ 0,0 MB) Start

22:16:02 / 00:40:57 (~ 0,0 MB) Stop

Average Data Rate: 0,000 MB/s

Total Size: 0,0 MB (0 Bytes)

At 22:16 I stop RS and DVBV and restart.

then it records and made this log-file:

DR HD 06-01-2010

C:\Users\Public\Videos\recordservice\01-06_22-16-16_DR HD_Star Trek Generations.ts

Device: TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner (3)

22:16:16 / 00:00:00 (~ 0,0 MB) Start

22:16:17 / 00:00:01 (~ 0,0 MB) Errors: 1

22:16:25 / 00:00:08 (~ 0,3 MB) Errors: 2

23:33:55 / 01:17:38 (~ 8824,9 MB) Stop

Average Data Rate: 1,894 MB/s

Total Size: 8824,9 MB (9253539728 Bytes)

within 30-60 seconds : to 13E my south position

after some time, can be seconds, can be min. sometimes 10 min, or even 30-60 min later, it moves to other positions, very often 28E, and later on it moves to other positions

Sometimes it hit the the west limit.

I can not see what trigger it, I have no planned timer recordings in RS.

..did you uncheck EPG update in the RS?

..did you uncheck EPG update in the RS?

No I didn't uncheck it, it is checked..

If unchecked no EPGdata will be updated, right?

Now it is unchecked.. didn't think of that be course I could not imagine it made RS check for updated constantly.

But I understand that if RS spin around and update on all positions all the time, it could be here we have the problem.

Maybe a schedule menu to set how often EPG should be update on each position?

... while writing this it has so far stayed on the position.. so for now it looks like that problem is solved,

next problem: is EPG updated at all now? ...I guess I'll find out soon.. hehe

I still have this question spinning around in my head: if EPG is not updated, and data are not stored at least a week in advance, I seriously can't see the need for RS at all. or is it just me?

Edited by krasno
  • 2 months later...

Hello

I still have this problem, but only sometimes..

it's really strange.

I made a test and set 10 timers and left the PC and did not touch it at all.

Out of the 10 recordings 3 ended as 0kb files.

the others are fine.

I also set up 10 timers to start from sleep mode, same problem here, PC wake up in all cases, and recording start, but again 2 ended as 0kb files.

I have also notiched that IF DVBViewer is turned on, and a recording start there comes a message "Channel redirection requested by service" and then in something like 50% of the cases screen becomes black.

And it is impossible to tune in on the channel that is recorded, no matter the recording is recorded or not.

Again in those cases sometimes a recording is made, in others I get a 0kb file, but it is not like when the screen turn black it means a 0kb file not at all..

I simply can't figure out where it goes wrong..

anyone that have any ideas how to solve this error?

I feel I have tried everything possible and can't find a system in what trigger DVBV to freeze so to say.

During normal TV-watching I only sometimes have a problem with freezing also, sometimes in middle of a program some times when I change channel.

But most of the time there are no freezings..

it is like it is a periodic error that is there sometimes..

..maybe you have to set up your DVBViewer from scratch and/or only use the dvbv without RS. I can see 3 different hardware devices in your hardware.xml. Do all of them send diseqc commands to the motor?

Further, your channels list might be not up-to-date:

..it was supposed to record DRHD on 1W, but DVBV was set to 1048 MTV-Germany on astra, only the positioner was on 1w means black screen. = no signal..

A service named DR HD does not exist. If the list is not consistent, the dvbv (or rs) will select another channel that has similar parameters (e.g. same audio_pid).

With a rotor it could be useful to create dummy tuning timers before the real recording timer starts.

I still have this question spinning around in my head: if EPG is not updated, and data are not stored at least a week in advance, I seriously can't see the need for RS at all. or is it just me?

..as I already pointed out, if you want the updates, you have to let the dish rotate. But this is asking for trouble. Otherwise, you'll have to go for a fixed multifeed arrangement :rolleyes:

the uploaded file is old, sorry about that, I forgot to upload a new one...

I have installed DVBViewer several times from scratz, and have removed the other card so there is only one the s2-3200 card now.

The problem is the same every time.

Channel lists are also updated, last time yesterday.

All lists where deleted, also all fav. lists, so there should not be any double channels or any missing now.

For a long time I have not used the other positions, be course of some motor problems and it has not been smart to climp around on a roof with snow on:)..

And a fixed multifeed system is maybe something I will go for, in near future, I'm a little tired of motor problems every winter.

About disc rotation, this is not a problem any longer, I don't update EPG on more than one position, so what you wrote about that actually solved the problem :rolleyes:

If I forgot to write that clearly I'm really sorry..

And I think you are right about dumping RS, and just use DVBViewer alone, it works much better, and is also my own conclusion.

I just tried to ask again about it hoping someone came up with a super smart idea :wacko:

I only turn it on when I need the server solutions, which is maybe once a month, I prefer it is possible to use the timer funcktions from streaming and so on..

After I wrote the last post I realized that especially recordings from one channel went wrong, and checked out all date from Canal Digitals home page, and found out SID was set wrong, it should be 3806 but was set to 3804

Both gives a picture but the last two recordings have worked after I changed it, so maybe that is a reason? I'm not sure yet, more timer recordings will tell..

But thanx , for your comments.!!