TSplayer 2.2.0.0

majstang

Nice work on the new version of TSPlayer, especially the trackbar enhancement :)

I only had some problems with the old version starting whenever executing my .ts recordings, despite me associating the new TSplayer with .ts files. Probably due to the TSplayer.ini file located in the TSPlayer 2.1.1 directory. Renaming that mapp and there were no probs anymore.

I also did see when running the new player a minor little esthetic thing when using the "forward" button. When pressed the time indicator sometimes leaps 20 second and the time quickly jumps back 10 seconds. The video does only leap 10 seconds, so it is working as it should, but it seem to be the timeindicator getting the wrong input somehow. As said before a minor little thing. The other rewind/forward buttons does seem to behave as they should.

Now to my suggestion. I shamefully admit me and my family still uses mouse rather than the remotecontrol, so we would be very glad if there could be added one more control feature which is commonly used with both WMP and MPCHC and this is "Pause" with left mouse button whenever clicked in displaywindow (both in fullscreen and windowed mode). Another left click and recording unpauses/plays. How about that...any chance maybe?

Regards

Majstang

Edited by majstang
When pressed the time indicator sometimes leaps 20 second and the time quickly jumps back 10 seconds.

The TSPlayer uses two different methods for retrieving the play time. Usually it's calculated as file position (in bytes) divided by the average data rate (bytes per second). Not very precise in case of variable bitrate video, but very fast and simple.

However, when playback is going on, the TSPlayer retrieves the exact time from the time stamps reported by the DVBViewer Filter (provided the time stamps are ok). I want to leave it like that, because it shows me the difference between the two methods. The TSPlayer is not only an application for users, but also a platform for experimental development and debugging (as far as it concerns the playback and recorder engine). So users have to live with some quirks...

"Pause" with left mouse button whenever clicked in displaywindow

Clicking the video window with the left mouse button allows to drag it to another position (there is no title bar!), so it's already occupied... sorry.

The TSPlayer is not only an application for users, but also a platform for experimental development and debugging (as far as it concerns the playback and recorder engine). So users have to live with some quirks...

Of course! No worries at all.

Clicking the video window with the left mouse button allows to drag it to another position (there is no title bar!), so it's already occupied... sorry.

Well, that is the downside with display windows without titlebars! Personally i would give priority to control features one have use for pretty much each and every time when using the application instead of wasting scarces resources on something you do once and then never touch again. I think most people use it in full screen mode anyway. But it is only my opinion. I understand the difficulties you have to deal with making it work however, with the choice of construction of the player in mind. I wont annoy you any further about this. Thanks for taking your time answering me and a VERY big thanks for a kick --------------- player. We use it all the time.

Regards

Majstang

Edited by majstang