Watching while recording

ddichiera

I've set up Recording Service and although I have a number of issues with it, I can stream to more than one PC simultaneously. In fact I had four PCs streaming the same channel from the same Hauppauge DVB-S2 card.

The thing is, that when I record something with the card using Recording Service, I lose my Streaming. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or can the Recording service not deal with recording and streaming at the same time?

Dominic

The thing is, that when I record something with the card using Recording Service, I lose my Streaming.

What do you mean by 'streaming'? No problem to record and watch the same channel by different dvbv-clients with the RS.

Hi Derrick,

I have an Hauppauge DVB-S2 card in a headless server, which I then stream to other PCs via Recording Service.

The other day, I had set a timer via DVBViewer on my watching PC for BBC HD. Then, ahead of time, I decided to watch the program I was recording.

I fired up DVBViewer on my watching PC and tuned in OK, but as the timer event started my picture disappeared ( I can't remember if there was an error message). I was unable to watch the channel until the timer event finished.

Dominic

BTW, the program recorded ok.

Yes, I believe so,

I went through a very lengthy problem solving procedure with @Griga to sort out problems on the DTT server, but this is the DSAT server which has worked since day one.

Just in case, I'll add my config data here.

Pleas disable the NetStream Plug in (at least until every thine else works).

Disable the Hauppauge card in the DVBViewer > http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Serv...tallation_Guide

Enable DVB-S2 for the unicast device im DVBViewer. Correct the streaming and control port of the unicast device in DVBViewer > http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Serv...tallation_Guide

Enable Options > Recording Service > Send timers to service > http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Serv...tallation_Guide

Ok, I think I might have confused you a bit.

The support file I uploaded was for the PC with recording service, It just so happens to have DVBViewer installed as well, but that's not the instance I'm running.

This is the support file for the instance of DVBViewer on the PC I'm playing from. It seems to meet most of the settings you suggested. I'm now about to disable net-streaming as well.

BTW, I have since seen the message, and it says "Redirection requested by Recording Service". I'm probably wrong, but this suggests that the Recording Service and DVBViewer don't agree on the channel even though I've set the timers from this instance of DVBViewer.

Dominic

You are using several Recording Service (DVBServers)?

Pleas explain you hole configuration.

How many DVB card in how many PCs and which one is streaming.....

Yes, I have two cards in two separate PCs hence two of the DVBServers (Ros... and Cen...), the third DVBServer is on the PC I've just taken the DTT card out of (Des...) to try and sort out why the PC hangs (traced to Kaspersky AV, but not yet resolved) and the fourth is an old install on another PC that I hadn't deleted (Tos...).

In short they are four separate PCs, but only two of them have cards (1xNova-TD-500, 1xNova-HD-S2). I discussed this with @griga in this forum and he indicated it was ok to have more that one service on different PCs.

Is there a way to de-activate them without deleting?

Dominic

In short they are four separate PCs, but only two of them have cards (1xNova-TD-500, 1xNova-HD-S2).

Two PCs with Recording Service are possible. But not well supported. It is better to have only one Server in which are all cards.

You should first get it to work correct with one Server.

I discussed this with @griga in this forum and he indicated it was ok to have more that one service on different PCs.

Not Griga, Gioxy :bye:

With apologies to both Griga and Gioxy :-)

Ok, I deleted all hardware apart from the DSAT service in DVBViewer so there is only one device available. I then tuned to BBC HD and set a timer starting straight away. As soon as I clicked on Add in the timer window, the picture and sound disappeared in DVBViewer.

I'll upload the config for the server here.

Solved,

F#*%&£ing Kaspersky - again!

I'd already put in an exception because it doesn't like the way DVBViewer and DVBService access the internet when installing (something to do with the licence?). Somehow the exception had been deleted, possibly on a database update.

Thanks for your help, now I can get on with solving all the other issues.

Dominic