Essentials about receiving encrypted channels with DVBviewer

MomoBrut

I am fine with three DVB-T cards, Recording Service and DVBViewer. Everything works as expected. But I am newbie to receiving encrypted channels. I would like to extend to DVB-S2 with CI and so on. But I would like to know, how DVBViewer behaves in some circumstances ...

Example 1: one mixed multiplex with FTA and encrypted channels, one DVB-S2 device

1) what can I see when CAM is not present in the case of preview or mosaic?

2) what can I see when CAM is present in the case of preview or mosaic, can I see together two encrypted channels in one multiplex?

In my case I use a DigiTurk Cryptoworks card.

I can only watch/record one encrypted channel at a time, but if there is another FTA channel on the same TP I can watch/record that too. If the card is not inserted I just get a "card not present" message. With no CAM it just stays black :)

Ok, thank you for your answer.

If I do understand it right, I will see in mosaics encrypted channel and all other FTA channels in mosaic preview activated during viewing encrypted channel? Is that right?

If I do understand it right, I will see in mosaics encrypted channel and all other FTA channels in mosaic preview activated during viewing encrypted channel? Is that right?

..wrong. When tuning to an encrypted service the mosaic preview is not available, cos the dvbv does not support multi_channel_decryption.

OK. Thanks again.

1. Mosaic works for FTA channels in "mixed" TP in the case of viewing FTA channel?

2. The situation wil change in the case of two DVB-S2 devices with two CAMs and two prepaid services? PIP preview will work?

Sorry for this newbie questions ....