Audio- und Video-Dump-Filter

dideldum

Hi,

it's just a question of interest:

I have the VRPlugin running and recording. When I attach with GraphEdit to the filter graph (see attached image), I can see, that there are two filters called "Audiodump" and "Videodump". I assume, these are the Recorder-filters.

I have no idea of DirectX-filters, but I thought, that each filter is like a black box with defined interfaces (pins). Theoratically (maybe my understanding is wrong here) each filter should not have any knowledge, what kind of other filters exist in the graph, except the filters connected to its own pins. So how do the audio and the video dump-filters synchronize to write into one file?

(I guess, Griga could answer this easily, as he programmed the VRPlugin :) )

Ulf

post-4-1082986805_thumb.jpg

@Derrick: Ok, but it still doesn't answer my question. If each Filter is an autonomous module, which only knows the pin-connected filters, the video-dump-filter and the audio-dump-filter (which don't have mutual connections) can't write into the same file, can they? I would have expected something like a filewriter-filter with video- and audio-input-pin, or maybe a single transportstream-input-pin connected directly to the sourcefilter. I'm just confused about the separated dump-filters. In previous DVBViewer versions there was the possibility to write separated audio- and video-data. In this case the separated filters make sense to me. But as the output is a single file, I still don't catch that.

@Oliver: Oh. Then there is one more question: I had the VRPlugin installed and the VRPlugin-window opened and recording, when I attached to the graph. If the dump filters don't do the recording, how does the VRPlugin gets the data?

Ulf

Guest Oliver

The VRP interacts directly with the driver and uses the original transport stream before it reaches any filter/decoder. Therefore MPEG2-TS is the only "real" recording format. MPEG2-PS and PVA are converted on the fly. This method will be adapted in the next release of the DVBViewer.

Bye, Oliver