Record to MP4-container ?

kaNor

Hi.

I could have payed at least twice the price if it was possible to record directly to MP4 container format :stupid:!

Here i Norway DVB-T brodcaster NTV/RiksTV uses H.264 and AAC coding so i beleive these streams could be mux'ed directly to a MP4-container ?

Now when records are raw TS-files i have to re-encode them to make them playable on my Philips 42PFL8404H/12. Haven't been able to find any remuxer yet that manage to change these TS-files to MP4-container without reencoding. Only working solution is reencode with Handbrake resulting in loss of quality, and a lot of CPU-usage.

Is there any plans for adding MP4 as recording container, or is this technical difficult/unsolveable ?

best regards

kaNor

Have you tried VideoReDo version 4? It now handles H.264 and both .ts and .mp4 containers so I think it'll convert it without even having to transcode. It's a superb editor too!

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=15759

Later: Sorry, it wants to do a full transcode - a 1 hour program was going to take 2.5 hours so not really practical. Still worth a look as a .ts and .mp4 editor though.

Edited by SimonP
  • 7 months later...

Here i Norway DVB-T brodcaster NTV/RiksTV uses H.264 and AAC coding so i beleive these streams could be mux'ed directly to a MP4-container ?

Now when records are raw TS-files i have to re-encode them to make them playable on my Philips 42PFL8404H/12. Haven't been able to find any remuxer yet that manage to change these TS-files to MP4-container without reencoding.

I think Mp4box can remux your .ts to a .mp4. Try something like:

mp4box -add test.ts#pid=1080 -new test.mp4

Get it from Videohelp.

Replace 1080 above with your actual channels service PID

Stellan