dvbworld dvb-s2 usb tuner (2104c) remote control

dvbwatcher372

I want to set up DVBViewer to work with the remote control of the DVBworld 2104C USB DVB-S2 tuner. Unfortunately, the manual page about setting up the remote control seems rather outdated so I am not sure what to do (or if it is possible). I see several input plugins available, but none specifically for the dvbworld 2104c. Do any of the existing plugins (e.g. Tevii, which I think is a similar box) work? Do I need to include the WinLIRC plugin? I would appreciate any specific instructions or at least a few pointers to get me started. Thanks.

Most probably your remote act as a virtual keyboard...

If is that the case you need no plugin at all and you can simply go in the Input window, press the "Learn" button, select an item and press a remote button to associate to that action: if it's all ok then a virtual keystroke appear after the action; repeat with other action/button and at the end terminate the learning session re-pressing the "Learn" button; finally, you can "Save" your remote association file...

o:)

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that does not seem to work. I can 'learn' new actual keyboard keystrokes, but when I click the remote instead of the keyboard, nothing happens. Is there something I need to do to make the remote act as a virtual keyboard? I currently have the winlirc and tevii remote plugins installed but not active (i.e. not checked in Options->inputplugins).

The remote works with the DVB World software, so I know it is working and (with the right software) capable of communicating with the PC.

I checked winlirc under Settings->Input->inputplugins and now I can learn the virtual keystrokes with the remote. (I thought I had already tried that, but I guess not). Now I just need to figure out how to make the remote 'power on' start DVBViewer instead of the DVB World software. I will try to figure it out, but if anyone wants to volunteer the instructions, that would be great.

Take a look at DVBViewer Starter topic and read it through in case of problems...

But dunno how to don't start DVB World software... maybe a quick&dirty trick can be to run a batch (instead of directly DVBViewer) that first close DVB World and then start DVBViewer... or try renaming the DVB World executive...

;)