Free to air scan

Dodger21

Hello

I'm new to this so sorry if it's a dumb question but is there a quick (easy way) to scan for UK free to air channels including HD (BBC and ITV). It seems I end up with about 8 (non od which I want) or a list that goes on forever.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Roger ;)

I'm using a prof red Series DVB-S2 7300 and the laest version of DVBViewer

Doing a Free-to-Air scan will give you about 342 TV channels and 150 radio channels. After that, you need to compile your own favourites list (don't forget to save the list - I kept forgetting to do that the first time!)

To get the EPG that you want, you will need to download the freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 tables. These are shown as "Complete Tables" here. The files freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 must be extracted into the DVBViewer program folder.

ITVHD will not be added automatically. You will need to download the ITV.ini file from the second post here and import it in your channel editor. (You may need to change the network id to 59 to get the EPG)

This is all a bit awkward the first time, but it will be worth it in the end!!

More tips and tricks for UK FreeSat can be found on this page.

Hope this helps,

Cian.

Cain, thanks for your help will give it a go. I had already downloaded the EPG files and added the frequency into the EPG setting but I have not got it working yet, I'm sure I will.

Thanks

Roger