No audio on some channels.

HomerDK

Hi.

Just purchased DVBViewer and it's running fine. But on some channels there is no audio.

Im using it with a Hauppauge Nova-T-TD-Stick.

Do I need some plugin to get audio on the other channels?

Thx

Thx

But where do I find the libfaad2.dll to store in the same directory as Libfaad2Wrapper.ax ??

The installation step 3 says: Store the file libfaad2.dll (see above) in the same directory as Libfaad2Wrapper.ax but I can't find that dll file.

Here are some screenshots of errors.

Seems that the channels with no sound are the one with AAC, the others with sound are ordinary Stereo.

But no problem with AAC sound in Windows Media Center.

noaudio0.jpg

noaudio1.jpg

noaudio2.jpg

Running on Windows 7 Ultimate

Edited by HomerDK
Here are some screenshots of errors.

Seems that the channels with no sound are the one with AAC, the others with sound are ordinary Stereo.

But no problem with AAC sound in Windows Media Center.

Running on Windows 7 Ultimate

You did not have to do all that. MS decoders, build into win 7, have all you need: AC3,H.264, HE-ACC etc.

Edited by Griga
Useless images removed
You did not have to do all that. MS decoders, build into win 7, have all you need: AC3,H.264, HE-ACC etc.

Wrong. He had to. DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1 doesn't know the new media subtype GUIDs introduced by MS for AAC. It requires at least DVBViewer Filter 3.5 (previous versions don't connect to the MS AAC decoder) and maybe DVBViewer Pro Beta, where the MS AAC decoder is selectable in the options.

Wrong. He had to. DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1 doesn't know the new media subtype GUIDs introduced by MS for AAC. It requires at least DVBViewer Filter 3.5 (previous versions don't connect to the MS AAC decoder) and maybe DVBViewer Pro Beta, where the MS AAC decoder is selectable in the options.

I was presuming he was using the latest Beta, and the latest DVBViewer filter.

Hehe yup. I'm still a noob with DVBViewer.

I have another question, when playing recorded files with AAC audio on Windows Media Player or on my WDTV media player I don't have any sound out, video is ok.

No problem when playing the file on DVBViewer or VLC or channels with normal audio.

Any suggestion on how I could get the audio playing on my WDTV? Usually it's able to play everything.

Thx

Edited by HomerDK