WinTv HVR 4000HD remote contol

Irmantas

If you can control DVBViewer with your keyboard alright, this is an issue with Evenghost and your remotecontrol (not playing nice together) and has nothing to do with DVBViewer.

Edited by majstang
Yes, i use it but this is unstable.

Could you give more information?

Does it work to control DVBViewer with keybord commands?

Unstable you say, but what happens when it does not work? Crashing DVBViewer, crashing windows or what?

Could you give more information?

Does it work to control DVBViewer with keybord commands?

Unstable you say, but what happens when it does not work? Crashing DVBViewer, crashing windows or what?

My system is DVBViewer 4.3.1.66 (OS windows7 64 bit) tv cad hauppauge hvr400hd).

Yes. From keyboad i can conbtrol DVBViewer (it is all ok)

Craching. Most off all crashing eventghost 0.3.7.r965.

I was very happy with windows xp sp3 but time changing. This remote in winxp woked perfect

A quick check on Eventghost site says the latest release is named:

EventGhost 0.3.7.r1387

Cant expect your old version you are running which is released before Win7 was a BETA even to work that well. Try the newer version and see the result.

They say nothing about Support for Win7 anywhere either (only a quick readthrough), so maybe what you are trying to do should not work for obvious reasons.

Edited by majstang
A quick check on Eventghost site says the latest release is named:

EventGhost 0.3.7.r1387

Cant expect your old version you are running which is released before Win7 was a BETA even to work that well. Try the newer version and see the result.

They say nothing about Support for Win7 anywhere either (only a quick readthrough), so maybe what you are trying to do should not work for obvious reasons.

I will try his new release of eventghost.

On windows xp i worked with DVBViewer 4.3.1.60 beta,before i have all beta version.

I just want to tell for soft developer that so problem exist and they should find solution :) This is beta version. On final version i hope my remote will work fine.

It is a bit hard understanding that last post of yours!

Keep in mind this is not an issue related to DVBViewer. It would be better to search for answers on Eventghost forum since that is the application not playing nice with your Win7 64-bit. Checking google there is a lot of folks having troubles with Eventghost on Win7. They mention UAC in Win7 seem to cause some of it. Since WinXP do not have UAC your setup worked without any probs. Well, there is a bunch of posts out there you can read to see if anyone have the solution for you.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
It is a bit hard understanding that last post of yours!

Keep in mind this is not an issue related to DVBViewer. It would be better to search for answers on Eventghost forum since that is the application not playing nice with your Win7 64-bit. Checking google there is a lot of folks having troubles with Eventghost on Win7. They mention UAC in Win7 seem to cause some of it. Since WinXP do not have UAC your setup worked without any probs. Well, there is a bunch of posts out there you can read to see if anyone have the solution for you.

Good luck

Hello,

i fixed the problem with Eventghost, start as "administrator" (right click on icon{autostart}, Kompatibility. start as admin. It's functioned on Win7 Enterprise(Testversion).

Do well

Edited by bohwoh