Using Skystar 2 with DVB Viewer Pro

dg1256

Hi All

I have just purchased a skystar 2 PCI card to see what 4:2:2: feeds are available. Rather than using the basic DVBViewer from Technisat I purchased the Pro version, but seem to be struggling in setting it up! I am printing out all manuals I can find! I cannot see how to import an H.264 decoder into DVBViewer Pro and having looked at Blind scan I see that it requires symbol rates to be entered where as most blind scan sat boxes do not require any perametrs to be set. If I put in the full range 1 to 45000 msps the scan will take about a week!

Can anyone help? Thanks

I cannot see how to import an H.264 decoder into DVBViewer Pro

Settings -> Options -> DirectX

and having looked at Blind scan I see that it requires symbol rates to be entered where as most blind scan sat boxes do not require any perametrs to be set.

Hardware limitation. There are no DVB cards that support auto symbolrate detection. Don't expect DVB cards plus software to work like receivers. There are major differences.

Besides that, the blind scan capabilities of DVBViewer Pro are very limited. Rather use TransEdit (download from members area). More about it here. Depending on your hardware you will have to enter even more parameters :)

Settings -> Options -> DirectX

Hardware limitation. There are no DVB cards that support auto symbolrate detection. Don't expect DVB cards plus software to work like receivers. There are major differences.

Besides that, the blind scan capabilities of DVBViewer Pro are very limited. Rather use TransEdit (download from members area). More about it here. Depending on your hardware you will have to enter even more parameters :)

In Settings -> Options - > DirectX H.264 Video Decoder is greyed out and says <system default>

Perhaps I was expecting too much from a PC card, this was going to be an experiment before deciding on buying a new Satellte receiver with 4:2:2: capabilities