Up-To-Date Astra Channels

Griga

Since the DVBViewer's default channel list for Astra 19° East seems to be a bit outdated, I provide my channel list here for download - as INI file (AstraFTA.ini). You may import it in the DVBViewer's Channel List Window.

I suppose it's fairly complete... it contains the new music channels (see here) and all changes of the last weeks.

The root name contains a date stamp, so it won't mix up with your existing Astra list. You may move new channels to your 'private' list and then delete the imported stuff, if you like.

Additionally the ZIP contains an up-to-date transponder list for Astra 19° East (AstraTransponder.ini), that reflects the latest changes. Put it into the DVBViewer\Transponders folder and use it for scanning.

Hint: If you are using the DVBViewer's default channel list, remove all satellite positions that you can't receive. Just select the root and press [Del] resp. [Entf]. The DVBViewer works better and faster without this useless stuff.

Griga

AstraFTA.zip

Edited by Griga

Sorry - due to a bug in the DVBViewer the export of channels with AC3 (Dolby Digital) to an INI file is not handled correctly, as I've just noticed.

Thus the according checkmark on the Edit Tab in the Channellist Window is missing after importing such a list, which may lead to a crash when tuning these channels.

You can correct it manually in the channellist. Select the affected channels (Pro7, Sat.1, ZDF in the Dolby Digital Category) by clicking them once - not double! Then go to the Edit Tab, tick the AC3 box and click 'Update'.

Or download again - I've added the missing entries in the INI file manually by using a text editor :)

Edited by Griga
  • 1 month later...

Updated the Astra 19° East channel list again (download link above ;) ) - Spanish, Austrian and a few Dutch radio channels didn't work, due to PID changes, I guess.

Furthermore it looks like the Austrian ORF 2 will go FTA soon - have a look at the Swiss/Austria folder in the video section.

Updated again... the whole Astra transponder 11436 V has been moved to 10818 V. All Spanish radio channels and one Spanish TV channel (CCVALENCIANA) are affected.

So I had to update the Channel list and the transponder list.

ORF 2 announces FTA broadcasts beginning at July 5th, daily from 4:00 pm to 00:30 am (16:00 - 00:30). They will only broadcast their own stuff, however - nothing that requires paying for Europe-wide rights... :)

P.S. The Teletext PID for ORF 2 E is 505 - please add it manually to the channel list. It was not yet present, when I scanned the channel...

Edited by Griga
  • 3 months later...

Updated again - see download link above.

The usual come and go on Astra 19° East. Unfortunately some good ones went (like France 5), and some bad ones came - most of them bloody game- and call-in-channels. I've put them into one category, so you can delete them alltogether...

New in the Rock & Pop category: Insel Radio - the radio channel for German holiday makers on Mallorca. Proves that MP2 audio with 128 kbps stereo really sounds bad... :huh:

Slightly offtopic:

What happened to Fashion-TV? Cant tune it anymore. Does anyone know?

Is it still freely available on Astra? Or on Hotbird at least?

Surfed the web but google said it should still be there, but it is not (for me).

Thanx in advance.