Pretune before recording

kili0fi

Hi,

I switched from XP to Windows 7. At the same time i changed the configuration from "classic" setup to recording service+DVBViewer. I have Terratec 1200C and Terratec HTC USB XS as tuners. It seems that the HTC tuner is a bit cranky in Windows 7. It worked OK in XP, but now it takes long time to get into sync. For some reason in classic setup the HTC refused to tune when DVBViewer was in full screen mode.

When using the HTC tuner the recording service sometimes creates several zero-length recordings before "it kicks in". I was wondering, could you enhance the recording service to pretune to the channel a few minutes before actual recording starts (just like the scheduler.exe does)? Of course this presumes that there is one tuner idle.

It would be also nice if it wouldn't cut the file when receiving errors.

So the tuner is not really an issue, but it just gave few ideas to enhance the service.

BR

-Kimmo

Silly me, yes the 60 sec option prevents the zero length files.

But how about the main issue, pretuning? Now some recordings start with a stutter. The stuttering occurs only when the tuner was idle. With the scheduler.exe i was able to start DVBViewer some minutes before actual recording, it tuned in, and the real recording started cleanly.

-Kimmo

The scheduler operates on completly different assumptions.

It is not possible to tune a channel before recording. A channel is tuned if needed. If your hardware can't cope with it, complain to the manufacturer/driver programmers or get better hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

You are right, Terratec need to fix their windows 7 drivers. I installed older vista drivers,and now the tuner seems to work without stutter. I'll forward this to Terratec.