Gray screen with DXVA enabled

MomoBrut

I build new HTPC with integrated GeForce9400 (GA-E7AUM-DS2H). I will try to explain the behaviour. When DXVA is enabled in the Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8) the screen sometimes goes grey after stop of playing recorded file or another AV file (everything else works as expected, OSD, sound and so on). This also sometimes happens when recorded file is played back. Update filter graph sometimes helps sometimes not. What helps always is changing the TV channel. With disabled DXVA the problem disappears.

Did someone else experience the same problem?

Thank you.

Momo

Edited by MomoBrut

Don't even know what OS you have, so it is hard to give any specific help. Generally this issue is graphic card related and has nothing to do with DVBViewer. But if you have already updated your Nvidia driver you can always do a DirectX check to see if your hardware passes the tests. There is also DirectX updates available. Also Google your graphic card + Gray Screen..there is quite a lot of hits on that. Maybe there is something that may lead you in the right direction.

Edited by majstang

I did not think the primary problem is DVBViewer :-). But the different behaviour for graph update and channel change is strange from my point of view. Maybe someone can explain.

Thank you for suggestions. I can not use latest drivers because they do not support different refresh rates for clone mode. Latest drivers (versions from 190 and above) do not allow different refresh rates for dual monitor setup. My touch screen LCD needs 1920x1080/60 or 60i, while my PDP needs 50 Hz to get advantage of 100Hz technology ...

OS is WXP SP3.

I know, this question is more nvidia related, but I just want to ask, if someone knows ...

Edited by MomoBrut

Update!

I tried 5 latest versions of nvidia driver. The different refresh rates are not allowed from 186 til present 196. Last functional driver is 185.85. I can not use newer driver than this one, latest directX installed.

Can anyone explain the different behaviour "update graph" versus "change channel"?

Edited by MomoBrut
Update!

I tried 5 latest versions of nvidia driver. The different refresh rates are not allowed from 186 til present 196. Last functional driver is 185.85. I can not use newer driver than this one, latest directX installed.

Its probably there you have your problem, using an old and buggy driver. What happens if you update to the latest driver with only the LCD connected and the PDP disconnected? Still the same?

Edited by majstang

Update!

I am able to avoid the problem with fixed refresh rates in clone mode after reading nvcpl API manual.

rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 0 1920 1080 32 50

rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1920 1080 32 60

... primary set to 50 Hz and secondary set to 60 Hz, added to registry as run keys, nvidia service must be disabled (manual).

I will test this with new PDVD 9.0 Video decoder later.

Problem solved!

In the end, the problem was in CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8). I tried last CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9) and problems are gone ...