DVB Viewer doesn't record correctly

barracuz

Hello

I use the Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI with DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1. I use also DVB Task Scheduler 2.2.3.I have always errors by night when a schedule has to start: the PC wakes up correctly to record but a little time later ( I mean seconds not minutes) the PC hibernates and thus there is no record! When I turn on the computer the day after, I see DVBViewer is still turned on.Also often, the schedule is recorded but only at its end so the final file is very small...

support.zip

Edited by barracuz
Does anyone have a suggestion for the problem? :D

Hard to say really! This is no Windows issue forum, but the fact your HTPC behaves strange with hibernating and wake-ups without you calling them, points to some device on your system initialize this. Dont exactly know how to do it in Vista, but in WinXP i would check the Device Manager and focus on Keyboards and Mouse (sometimes even HID devices , USB devices or Network devices). Click on them and check for any Energysaving TAB and remove the Allow this device to take PC out of hibernation or such. Then see if that have any effect on your issue. Could even be a BIOS thing also. You should try disable wake on lan, wake on ps2 keyboard and so on in BIOS as well.

Edited by majstang

1. Seems like you had recordingservice installed some time. Is the problem since deleting it?

2. There are files belonging to Recordingservice. Have you used the uninstall routine or have you only deleted some files?

3. You have 2 DVB-T Hardware listed: Cinergy (marked as disabled) and Technisat (marked for use). Maybe you should also check the Cinergy if it will solve the problem.

4. CI: ist the problem only with crypted channels? If not sure please test with free to air channels.

the PC wakes up .....little time later.....PC hibernates

Maybe some Vista Energy adjustment problems?

Thanks for your replies.

For majstang: I will test what you said.

For Devastation: Yes I had tried Recording Service but I deinstalled it with the routine if I remember well.What must I check with the Cinergy device? It's a DVB-S device which I don't use any more with DVBViewer Pro.The problem described occurs with all sorts of channels ( FTA because I don't watch encrypted channels)

Cinergy device..... which I don't use any more with DVBViewer Pro.
Only to get sure, test if the problems are there if you use the cinergy instead.

As I said, I don't use any more the Cinergy with DVBViewer.Also all Vista energy parameters are set correctly.Maybe, DVB Task Scheduler has bad settings so can you tell me how I must configure it correctly, please?

As I said, I don't use any more the Cinergy with DVBViewer.
But you had used it? Where ther any problems beforek? Have you ever had the sheduler working correctly? If yes, what changed? Hardware, software, Windows?

DVB Task Scheduler has bad settings so can you tell me how I must configure it correctly, please?
There should be a guide included in the task sheduler download. There you can see how to set it up.

Hello Devastation

And thanks for your reply.

I had used the Cinergy device just to try it with DVBViewer and only to watch the channels ( I never used the scheduler in those days) but now I have a DVB-S device that I use with DVBViewer.

You tell me there is a user's manual for DVB Task Scheduler, yes I saw it but despite of this guide, I still have hesitations about the good settings.These are my current settings:

532879Capturer.jpg

Is it correct?