Twinhan Cab-CI 2033 DVB-C card can't init CAM module after bootup

ter9999

0911211844d4b3350374b32eba.jpg

I've got a Twinhan Cab-CI 2033 DVB-C card and a CAM w/ smartcard to watch cable TV. But the card can't init CAM module after PC bootup, I have to remove the CAM and re-insert it to have the DVB-C card working every time when PC booting up. Or the card won't work at all - can't tune in to any channel.

I installed the latest Mantis 1.1.1.800 driver, I wrote Twinhan but got no reply at all. So is that possible that DVBViewer can do something for this issue? Thanks much!

Really hope there's a solution to this issue, I can't contact with Twinhan people, so the only hope is from DVBViewer support.... Or the CAM connector won't be usable after some time.... :rolleyes:

I am afraid that this is a driver issue.

One thing you can try however is adding the following line for the TwinHan Mantis within the DVBViewer's hardware.xml:

<entry name="ResetCI">1</entry>

Maybe this is implemented for the TwinHan. At least I know that it is implemented for DIGITAL everywhere and solves the problem of the CAM sometimes blocking the whole TransportStream after device initialization.

Edited by CiNcH

Thank you very much for your information. I added the line in hardware.xml, but no use. After shutting down and starting up my PC, the issue's still there... After I re-insert the CAM, everything's fine until the next PC power cycle...

• 4 weeks later...

This issue become much less in occurrence in the .115. I see in the changelog of .120:

Change: BDA Hardware: Reworked the Twinhan CI / MMI handling

I justed installed the .120 beta, will see if the issue is gone...

Hi, I have some info for you.

I have the same setup as you do, Mantis DVB-C and Digiality conax CAM and also the same problems. Digiality CAM which is a Technisat cam is not supported by the driver. Read here for list of supported cams: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=227473 That page talks about 1.0.6 driver but the same problem has been in every driver I have tried since.

I solved my problems by bying a SMIT CAM and it works without problems. I have not tried my Digiality with my new 1.1.1.901 driver which is a Terratec driver but works for Twinhan/Azureware/Terratec Mantis chip cards since they are all the same. You can find the 1.1.1.901 driver here: ftp://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/Cinergy_S2_PCI_HD_CI/Update/ It is a driver for Terratec Cinergy HD DVB-S2 card but as I said it works perfectly with DVB-C Mantis cards.

Hope this helps,

patti

Edited by patti

Hello again, I tested out of curiosity how my Digiality CAM fiunctions with the latest 1.1.1.901 driver and beta .120. The result is that I get occasional audio and video for a fraction of a second with FTA channels and nothing for encrypted channels when Digiality CAM is inserted so neither the driver nor beta help in this situation. Everything works with SMIT CAM as I said above.

patti

Thanks for your information! I have SMIT CAM and after installed the 64-bit 1.1.1.901, the CI stopped working. I can only watch free channels of the Twinhan Mantis card... I switched back to 1.1.1.800.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the issue is fine now in recent betas of DVBV. I'll see if the issue's complete gone in latest .120.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my advice about 1.1.1.901 driver was a bit incomplete. I just remembered how I installed this driver in a bit unorthodox way. Try this, it might help you too. It helped me to get .901 funtionality without killing all activity.

First install mantis driver 1.1.1.100 WHQL driver in normal way (you can find it here http://www.elisanet.fi/patti/Mantisv1.1.1.100WHQL.zip). After that take the mtsbda.sys and mtshid.sys from the .901 driver (find it here: ftp://ftp.terratec.com/Receiver/Cinergy_S2_PCI_HD/Update/) and copy them over the existing files in c:\windows\system32 and reboot. See if this makes any difference, it did for me. Don't worry about that Cinergy S2 driver, I can confirm that it works 100% with Mantis cable version.

My explanation why this worked for me is that the WHQL driver installs all necessary WHQLed support files for the driver that .901 does not and the .901 *.sys files enable latest fixes to Mantis driver.

Let me know after you have downloaded that WHQL driver so I can remove it from my site.

Hopefully this one works for you.

patti

Edited by patti

patti, Thanks for your information!

I do it.

But the CI stopped working. I can't watch free and fee channels of the Twinhan Mantis card... I haved to switche back to 1.1.1.800.

Hmm, strange. I use this .901 driver with my two Twinhan Mantis DVB-C cards in the way I described the installation and I do not have any problems.

Which CAM module are you using? I have a SMIT Conax CAM.

patti

thank you for patti

I upgraded dvbvewer to DVBViewer4.3.1.150beta.exe.

This problem has been resolved.

I tried my Digiality CAM with .150 beta but it did not solve the problem for me. But that doesn't really matter because I can use my SMIT CAM which works. I'm glad you found a solution :wacko:

patti