DVBviewer CPU

Bassam

hi,

well i have been using DVBViewer for 6 months now

i like it alot, its very unique

but i have many problems, especially with HD playback

first its not compatible with most of the codecs, plus CPU initialization is very high

i tried comparing it with smartDVB, smart uses 10% CPU watch fox HD

the same channel uses around 25-40% and its not smooth

ofcourse i am using the same codecs, and renderers

you should give it a try....

ofcourse i am using the same codecs, and renderers

I doubt it. HD 1080i runs with 3% CPU usage here. So you better get your decoder setup straight :)

i am using microsoft's decoder what are you using?

i tried reinstalling my windows 7 after people suggestions, no help

plus Arcsoft's Decoder crashes DVBViewer, although works perfect on smartdvb

ps. i am using plugins to decipher channels

Please respect the forum rules and don't start a discussion about this topic here. Otherwise your account will be canceled.

i am using microsoft's decoder what are you using?

i tried reinstalling my windows 7 after people suggestions, no help

plus Arcsoft's Decoder crashes DVBViewer, although works perfect on smartdvb

You must use cyberlink 9 (cldv pack 14122009) as a codec and EVR experimental as a video render and you'll get the best results (CPU max 15-20%).

You must use cyberlink 9 (cldv pack 14122009) as a codec and EVR experimental as a video render and you'll get the best results (CPU max 15-20%).

Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 can't be used as H.264 codec, not without some fidling with merits.

Win 7 build in Codecs works perfect with DVBViewer 4.3.1.82 and DVBViewer filter 3.5.2, you don't need anything else

Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 can't be used as H.264 codec, not without some fidling with merits.

Win 7 build in Codecs works perfect with DVBViewer 4.3.1.82 and DVBViewer filter 3.5.2, you don't need anything else

If you can read what I wrote here you'll understand "You must use cyberlink 9 (cldv pack 14122009)" if not it's your problem!

dvbvie10.jpg

Edited by ovidiumarius
If you can read what I wrote here you'll understand "You must use cyberlink 9 (cldv pack 14122009)" if not it's your problem!

Aha, that is the version one have to use to get the Cyberlink H.264/AVC (PDVD9) decoder to show up in DVBViewer. I was wondering about that, cuz some people have showed some pictures this is possible, but havent told us which version to use. McenterFreak is talking about the unified Cyberlink MPEG-2/H.264/VC-1 decoder (PDVD9) and that one requires fiddeling around with filter merits in order to get it to show up in DVBViewer H.264 Video Decoders. Most versions of the Cyberlink H.264/AVC (PDVD9) decoder seem to be locked for use by DirectShow and therefor invisible for DVBViewer.

I will see if i can find the version you are talking about, cuz when testing with the unified decoder i had severe motion-blur on every material played with it.

Edited by majstang
Aha, that is the version one have to use to get the Cyberlink H.264/AVC (PDVD9) decoder to show up in DVBViewer. I was wondering about that, cuz some people have showed some pictures this is possible, but havent told us which version to use. McenterFreak is talking about the unified Cyberlink MPEG-2/H.264/VC-1 decoder (PDVD9) and that one requires fiddeling around with filter merits in order to get it to show up in DVBViewer H.264 Video Decoders. Most versions of the Cyberlink H.264/AVC (PDVD9) decoder seem to be locked for use by DirectShow and therefor invisible for DVBViewer.

I will see if i can find the version you are talking about, cuz when testing with the unified decoder i had severe motion-blur on every material played with it.

Check your PM and you'll find all you need there.

Wow, this is GREAT :D

Motion-blur is gone and DXVA works perfect with H.264. 4-9% CPU load on 720p material. Best of all the Cyberlink H.264/AVC (PDVD9) decoder shows up in DVBViewer right away after installation (well after a reboot in between).

Many thanks to you @ovidiumarius

;)

Wow, this is GREAT :D

Motion-blur is gone and DXVA works perfect with H.264. 4-9% CPU load on 720p material. Best of all the Cyberlink H.264/AVC (PDVD9) decoder shows up in DVBViewer right away after installation (well after a reboot in between).

Many thanks to you @ovidiumarius

;)

Welcome, I'm glad that works.

dvbvie10.jpg

So now you have a very nice solution. It works now, but what about tomorrow. The risc is that the next update invalidate the codec. Why not use the build in codecs in win 7. They are perfect

• 2 months later...

I was having the same problem as majstang cpu usage!

I have installed win 7 and cpu usage is working well better now obviously using the dxva on graphics card! i actually watched a whole football game without a crash!

I would like to try the CLVDPack141209 but i can not find it anywhere!

Could some one help me out please?

Many thanks Sailsy.