DST bug

ml 05019

Hello all,

had anyone any recordings scheduled to this morning, right after the DST change? Check if the recording happened on right time!

As for me, I scheduled the recording for 9:25 this morning, but, it started 1 hour before, that is, on 8:25 (makes no sense for me, because it would be 7:25 if DST change wouldn't have happened).

Plus, the recording was based on the EPG entry, nevertheless, the recorded file is named correctly, after the program that was actually airing at the time of the recording.

This DST change happens only twice a year, but still, I hope this error will be fixed before next DST change :rolleyes: support.zip is attached for your reference.

Edited by ml 05019

I've noticed the following:

Consider a program that begins at 07:00 on the Sunday morning that DST/BST comes into effect. When you check the EPG on the Saturday night, it will be shown to start at 06:00, an hour early.

If you check the EPG on Sunday morning, it appears at the correct time (07:00).

For me this doesn't cause any ill-effects other than duplication of automatic timers. Any manually-created timers seem to work fine, unless of course the computer's clock doesn't get updated and you have the PC sleeping - it won't wake at the correct time. I have my DVBViewer server wake every morning to run timer checks and touch wood haven't missed any recordings.

When you check the EPG on the Saturday night, it will be shown to start at 06:00, an hour early.

If you check the EPG on Sunday morning, it appears at the correct time (07:00).

that's the point - I've created my timer on Saturday during the day. I can't remember or check what time was shown on the timer, but it would be logical to suggest it was set 1 hour early as based on EPG, and that timer was not corrected according to EPG after DST changed.

I have my DVBViewer server <...> to run timer checks

can you tell more about this?