Anyone's using TT C-1501 DVB-C CI?

ter9999

I just brought a TT C-1501 DVB-C card to watch pay TV using CI in DVBViewer. But the CI is slow in first init, it takes 14 seconds!! I have another DVB-S2 card in DVBViewer, often surf through channels between the DVB-S2 card and the TT C-1501, if just come to a channel of TT card from the DVB-S2 card, it takes another 14 seconds. If I surf channels just of the TT card, it takes only 2 seconds.

Maybe the CI (or even the TT card) power is off when I surf off the TT card? Is there a way to allow the CI init time shorter?

Thanks much!

No, TT driver is pretty bad when it comes to the CI, it is even worse with the USB boxes. Also the init time without CI is not too good. Other cards are instantly available within a split second. There is nothing you can do about that. I have banned all TT cards for the time being. This is one of the reasons.

Edited by CiNcH

Bad news.. I should consult with you before buying...

Based on your experience,

1. Could you recommend a good DVB-C card with good CI init time and overall init time?

2. Could you recommend a good DVB-S2 card with low threshold and good multiswitch support and good overall performance?

Thanks!!

1. Could you recommend a good DVB-C card with good CI init time and overall init time?

Init times and CI support is pretty good with the KNC/Mystique cards.

I just brought a TT C-1501 DVB-C card to watch pay TV using CI in DVBViewer. But the CI is slow in first init, it takes 14 seconds!! …

Got the same TT C-1501, use it with Irdeto CI. Got quite a number of problems with it:

1. slow CI init
  2. some channels just don't show
  3. stops working at all if left on for ~24 hrs, only power cycling helps

And I do believe there's smth wrong with the hardware itself cause it had the same problems with VLC and MythTV on Linux :-(