Teletext navigation

majstang

Hi!

Navigating teletext pages with "Next page" button is a pain in the neck. The teletext pages often contains a lot of adds/commercials and for example when trying to navigate from page 100 it takes 6 button presses (each press changes only the add) before page 101 comes up. Maybe there is a solution/workaround to make the Next page button/command to simply ignore flipping through the adds and go straight to 101? If not could this be adressed in some way? As it is now it is much easier punching in the three digit number of the page im supposed to visit.

Yes, it's annoying, but it's difficult to avoid.

These pages with ads are supposed to be presented as "rotating" subpages, which means, to be automatically switched over as soon as the next one arrives, so the TV set always displays the most recent one, without letting you select which one you want to see.

Unfortunatly there seems to be no way to distinguish rotating subpages from true subpages providing different information (if someone knows how, please tell me). If true subpages were treated as rotating subpages, navigating between them would be impossible.

It could be handled by introducing separate commands for subpage navigation, e.g. [<<] and [>>] buttons switching over to the next page (skipping subpages), and additional [<] and [>] buttons switching between the subpages of a page, if there are any of interest. However, this is impractical for remote controls with only few keys, and it would fill the DVBViewer UI with even more controls, not necessarily making it more handy for the average user. We don't like to do that.

So if you know a good solution which doesn't require additonal commands / controls and doesn't make things more complicated, please post it here...

It could be handled by introducing separate commands for subpage navigation, e.g. [<<] and [>>] buttons switching over to the next page (skipping subpages), and additional [<] and [>] buttons switching between the subpages of a page, if there are any of interest. However, this is impractical for remote controls with only few keys, and it would fill the DVBViewer UI with even more controls, not necessarily making it more handy for the average user. We don't like to do that.

A remote key should be abled to have one function in main app and an another in the Teletext Viewer, so to me this sounds to be a really good idea. More controls in DVBViewer Input isnt necessarily a bad thing, in the end it is up to the user what controls to use. As it is today half of the controls at hand is not used be me. I would not prefer to have it any other way. The fact they are there only shows how flexible and customizable DVBViewer really is and this is why DVBViewer is my first, second and third choice.

How about adding a subpage indicator? In that way one know how many ads to flip through before reaching next page. The ads will probably not be any fewer in the future. On the contrary we can be sure they will bombard us with more and more.

Edited by majstang

Now the up-arrow and the right-arrow keys does the same thing: goes to next (sub)page.

Similar behavior for the down/left-arrow keys.

From a user point of view I think up/down should skip subpages and left/right travel subpages (if any).

The subpages here in DK are sometimes adds and sometimes actually have usefull information.

Edited by Delphi