Cant find any channels

saifer

Hello folks! New to DVBViewer but have read alot about it on the forum. But I cant manage to find any channels when I search after them in "wizard"

I have cable-tv (coaxial) from Comhem and live in Sweden. Have downloaded the .ini-file for comhem here on the forum. Choosed cable on tunertype, Normal on State, Kabel (QAM 64) 6875MS/s on source.

Then started to scan. But no channels found.

Can anyone please help me with this? Can't figure out what I've done wrong :(

My TV-tunercard is: ASUSTeK Tiger LNA/Europa II Hybrid TV Tuner (info in wizard is 713x BDA DBVT Tuner)

Edited by saifer

Im sure ASUSTeK would have that info on thier site. Your tuner must be a DVB-C where C stands for Cable. You cant tune in cable-tv with a DVB-T (terrestial) tuner you know.

EDIT:

oh, i just did see you said coaxial in your first post. Maybe you are using the old antenna outlet straight into the TV and no digital-tv box?

Then i believe you have an analog type of subscription and that should mean you need an analog tuner to go with that, but in that case you cant use DVBViewer, cuz it is only for DVB

Edited by majstang
Ok. Thx for the info. Can you guys recommend any good TV-card then that works with DVBViewer? :blush:

You never did answer if you have an analog or a digital subscription! Did you get a digital-tv box and programcard from Comhem or do you have that collective Comhem solution where the digital signal is converted to analog and distributed over the old antenna outlets in your neighbourhood?

You never did answer if you have an analog or a digital subscription! Did you get a digital-tv box and programcard from Comhem or do you have that collective Comhem solution where the digital signal is converted to analog and distributed over the old antenna outlets in your neighbourhood?

I got both digital and analog in my house. But I use a Samsung DCB-B270Z for digital and this box only got scart as output so I can't connect it to my tuner-card in my computer.

So therefore can I only connect an analog cable to my tuner-card in my computer atm. :/

I got both digital and analog in my house. But I use a Samsung DCB-B270Z for digital and this box only got scart as output so I can't connect it to my tuner-card in my computer.

So therefore can I only connect an analog cable to my tuner-card in my computer atm. :/

Ok, if you have purchased a digital-tv subscription, which seem to be the case because of the Samsung box, then you have digital signals from your antenna outlet. When connecting your HTPC tv-tuner, forget about the Samsung box, simply connect the antennacable straight into your HTPC tv-tuner. If you have a DVB-C tuner you should now be abled to tune in non-encrypted channels. To get to the encrypted ones you must have a CI/CAM along with your programcard. It is usually the Conax CAM which is the right one for Comhem. The best choice for a DVB-C tv-tuner was earlier the FireDTV/FloppyDTV cards. Unfortunatly they stopped selling them some time ago. The best choice today, i dont know. Have a look around. Maybe a KNC One TV-Station DVB-C Plus could be of intrest.

Edited by majstang