Recording Service crash

uglyned

Hi,

Another recording service crash last night I'm afraid. We were watching a recording and it was recording another programme. When we finished watching the recording and returned to live TV, DVBViewer just displayed a blank screen and recording service was unresponsive. Left it til this morning, then eventually rebooted PC.

The file for the programme it was supposed to be recording is much bigger than it should be (55gb instead of around 7) so included the recording log file from that too.

• 1 month later...

vthumbs.exe causes this.

Eventually, vthumbs seems to crash when generating a thumb for a finished recording and it bombs the entire recording service. I had renamed vthumbs.exe some time ago and never had a problem since.

But the latest recording service install replaced vthumbs.exe and today I had the same crash again.

I've renamed it again now but thought I'd let you know.

• 1 month later...

the vthumbs.exe crashed at me, too.

but ony if there is a mp2 recording (audio only)

not always, but sometimes...

it blocks the rec-service and DVBViewer too.

i must kill it with the taskmanager...

if the vthumb crashes, there are running two instances of vthumbs.exe

sorry for my bad english :blush:

thomy_pc

It would be really and extremly helpfull if you could give exact steps to reproduce this cash. The service and vthumbs are running 24/7 with several recodings a day here and never did such a crash occur.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be really and extremly helpfull if you could give exact steps to reproduce this cash. The service and vthumbs are running 24/7 with several recodings a day here and never did such a crash occur.

I get constant vthumbs crashes - I have no idea what happens to cause it, but I will keep a closer eye on it.