Which card to choose for DVB-C usage

Stevieg_73

Hi all

I´m a user of DVBV since along time and feels that this is the shit - frankly speaking. My setup now is a FireDTV S/CI with a conax cam + swedish Canal Digital Tv provider with decrypted channels and everything works like a charm.

Now we are gonna connect a fiber solution instead which means that i´m able to recieve TV without the satellite dish.

So my question is which DVB-C/CI card to use as the obvious choice FireDTV-C/CI is impossible to get.

My demands is:

Still be able to use DVBV

My OS is XP

The card has to handel Cryptoguard encoding (CryptoCAM)

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread because my Q goes into the same direction :)

My old PC died and I can no longer use my DVB-C card because it is PCI and the new PC is PCI-e only.

Anyone got a pointer (or a list) of DVB-C PCI-e cards available and conforming to European standards?

TIA

BIG misstake! Cant find a single one DVB-C card using pci-e. Best choice would be to go USB.

Yea I know, I didn't think about the fact that the DVB-C card is PCI only when I bought the new mobo.

Stupid errors are there to be made but hopefully only once :)

Are there any USB solutions that connect to an internal connector? I would hate to have a mess of additional dongles lying around (the cables alone are a mess for themselves).

TIA

Are there any USB solutions that connect to an internal connector? I would hate to have a mess of additional dongles lying around (the cables alone are a mess for themselves).

Yes, that is only a question of finding the right USB cable. They are very rare but should exist. Look for an adapter USB 2.0 female in one end and internal USB in the other.

If you cant find one make it yourself...problem with my homemade cable is it is only USB 1.0 and not USB 2.0, but it is sufficient to what im using it for. For a TV-card you would need USB 2.0.

• 5 weeks later...